[Ppnews] From Marty Price - Styles Price update

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 15 08:42:45 EDT 2005

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:02:45 -0700
Subject: From Marty Price -- RE: Feelings of Great Love...
From: "Frederick D. Perry" <greatwork at sbcglobal.net>

Dear brothers and Sisters please distribute this as widely as you can .
Don't assume that we have the same email lists. Getting this from both of
us would be a little annoying getting this from neither of us could leave a
good friend in the dark. Even the best news reports have essentially acted
as judge and jury in the case... Help get the word out to the network.
FREDERICK DOUGLASS PERRY - Smoke
--
    "If you stick a knife nine inches into my back and pull it out three
inches, that is not progress. Even if you pull it all the way out, that is

 From Marty Price:

Dear Brothers and sisters, friends and comrades,

Thank you so much for the kind words for Styles.  Styles indeed did stand
tall during this debacle.  Being implicated by someone you knew in an
insane murder for whatever reason is maddening.  The fact that don Juan not
only absurdly "confessed" to something he probably did not do shows you the
effect of a lifetime of criminal addiction in a person who is a known
schizoid, a person who has been institutionalized twice that we know about,
who has self medicated with cocaine, heroin and liquor for over thirty five
years is abysmal.

You put a deranged, delusional junkie in the hands of an opportunist,
prevaricator like Lt. Russell Lopes of Berkeley Police department...and you
find an innocent man behind bars, his life completely disrupted.  The fact
that this so-called police lt. could contrive evidence, publicly lie about
a composite picture, a graphic sketch wherein he can now see by running the
pictures back on a computer dating scheme matches Styles to the shooter is
preposterous.  The original composite done with the only eye witness showed
a dark or brown skinned black man, with an Asiatic cast to his
eyes.  Styles does look like a whiteman with no possible match, but yet
this rent a cop(I say that because he is retired and should stay that way)
can publicly lie shows his viciousness is boundless.

The authorities announced that Styles would be freed 26 hrs before he
actually was.  They did not bring him to court yesterday for his appearance
and then would not tell us where he was.  His attorney then called and told
Styles wife that Styles would be released from Santa Rita at five.  Styles
son Sandor and I waited from five until 1:30 in the morning for his
release.  One of my former students was released around midnight. He hugged
me when he saw me and told me Styles was being held in a cell and
handcuffed the whole time he was in the cell.  I guess handcuffing an
innocent man, who has had no charges against in , in a cell would indeed
prevent him from being a flight risk.  I maintain that this Berkeley ex-cop
probably trained the idiots working at Abu Gharib.  This Lt. can do what he
does because most of the police establishment in this country is above
scrutiny.  The newspeople who waited with me where completely amazed, "wow
they really have it in for your brother"  Of course it was easy to check on
who Styles is character wise as everyone in this town basically knows my
brother and our family.

Our family is genuinely concerned for the pain caused to Officer Sukamoto's
family, but our family has suffered this kind of loss also.  Our cousin
living in the affluent community of Malibu, Ca. was raped and murdered at
the age of 14.  Her body(remains where found under a bush high in Latigo
Canyon.  Of course her killers were never found, she was a black girl
living among the well to do, a high achiever, a talented musician, but at
the end of the day she was a black girl who received no justice even though
my comrades Kenny, and Fernando gave the cops the names of the killers.

We also feel for the family of Don Juan Graphenreed.  His brothers Joey and
Reggie along with his mother were shocked to know that Don had implicated
Styles and accused him of being the shooter, but then they have had to live
with the lies caused by his illness and addiction for all of his adult
life.  A man devoid of conscious, who has stolen from his kids, grandkids
and everyone in his family.

We have been completely gratified by the response of our family, extended
family and friends  world wide. If indeed they had attempted to arraign
Styles the courthouse would have been packed.  Our union brothers and
sisters from local 510 were prepared to leave Moscone at lunch to support
him, and he received support of the Oakland teachers union as well.

This Lt.. Lopes needs to be challenged and dismissed.  Not only slandering
our brother, but the deliberate slander of the Black Panther Party as
well.  If memory serves us correctly it was 24(?) panthers murdered by the
police in an 18 month period nationally and not one cop brought to
justice(read the public record of the cops who murdered Fred Hampton and
Mark Clark....it is schooling that these men were given immunity for
murdering a man their own informer had drugged).  WE as a family supported
the efforts of the BPP and the memories of the fine young brothers and
sisters who attempt to do something monumental in the face of our people's
history in the US. we salute them! Venceremos, Martyp