[Ppnews] Board Hearing for Ruchell Cinque Magee -42 years is too much!!!

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Aug 16 17:18:16 EDT 2005

DATE SET FOR RUCHELL MAGEE BOARD HEARING

SEPTEMBER 8 2005 is the day of the scheduled Parole Board hearing for
Ruchell Cinque Magee.  Magee has spent 42 years in the California Prison
System with no assault or murder convictions.

As indicated in a previous article published herein,  Magee poses no threat
to the public if released.  He is 66 years old, has no mental problems,
doesn't use drugs, smoke or drink alcohol, or allow others to think for
him.  He believes he would be a mentor in the community to help young folks
turn away from negative behaviors that lead to prison and senseless death.

Please write letters of support to:  Board of Prison Terms, Records/Board
Desk, California State Prison-Corcoran, 4001 King Avenue, Corcoran, Ca. 93212

I would also add that during these four decades, Magee has been responsible
for countless prisoners gaining release due to his astute jail-house
lawyering.  Let's bring our brother home.