[Pnews] Independentista Orlando González Claudio arrested - denies participation in attack - explains how the FBI arrested him for DNA tests.
Prisoner News
ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Apr 26 16:09:12 EDT 2016
Independentista detenido rechaza participación en atentado
Cuenta cómo los federales lo arrestaron para hacerle pruebas de ADN
martes, 26 de abril de 2016 - 9:56 AM
*http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/independentistadetenidorechazaparticipacionenatentado-2191751/*
*(**rough translation)*
/*Independentista arrested - denies participation in attack- explains
how the FBI arrested him for DNA*//*tests. *
The independentista Orlando Gonzalez explained how agents of the Federal
Bureau of Investigation intercepted him as he drove on PR - 2 on Thursday.
He said Tuesday that he was not involved in the attack carried out by
the clandestine group Boricua Popular Army, better known as Los
Macheteros, against a naval bus in 1979 in Sabana Seca, resulting in the
death of two sailors and the wounding of 10.
He made the statement after being arrested by agents of the Federal
Bureau of Investigation to give DNA samples. It is alleged that the
results would be used by the Criminal Intelligence Service of the Navy
(NCIS) to support accounts of his possible participation in the attack.
"I did not participate in that operation. They are saying that I
participated. Today, I do not condemn any patriot fighting for
independence in any way they understand that they should participate,"
he said in an interview with Radio Isla.
He explained that last Thursday federal agents arrested him, after
blocking highway PR-2, in the direction of Vega Baja to Manati.
"It is a routine action of the FBI and repressive forces. I was at my
house //in the morning - a small farm in southern Vega Baja Almirante
neighborhood and noticed the presence of FBI agents making their rounds
in the neighborhood. I was not doing anything to make them suspicious. I
kept my route and I left my neighborhood at 1:30 p.m to take a few
Guineas to my brother Norberto, who lives in Manati. I was nearly at
Manati when they blocked highway 2. I was intercepted and was told why
they stopped me. I let them know that I would not agree to a DNA test,
"he said.
He said the agents told him that the process could be cooperatively or
by force, but they never presented the order signed by Federal Judge
Jose A. Fuste ordering the test.
They then handcuffed him, took him to the Rio Piedras Medical Center to
administer the test, which consisted of four samples of saliva, and then
returned him to highway PR-2 road, where he had left his car.
These tests were also conducted last week to fellow Independentistas
Juan Segarra Palmer and Norberto Cintron Fiallo.
According to Claudio Gonzalez, there was no need for his arrest //as a
suspect //37 years after the attack. He explained that in 1985 he was
imprisoned for the robbery of the Wells Fargo September 12, 1983 in
Hartford, Connecticut. He served a five-year sentence in that case.
In addition, he was imprisoned at the beginning of the 2000s for acts of
civil disobedience against the presence of the US Navy in Vieques. He
said that both times DNA samples were taken.
He also recalled that they (the FBI) always suspected him and even wrote
an article in 2014 to discussing the incident. Therefore, he questioned
why at this point an investigation is being undertaken against him.
"Sabana Seca is an excuse for repression. I made it clear that this was
the way to repress Puerto Rico for the things that are happening in
Puerto Rico and around the world, "he said./
El independentista Orlando González Claudio afirmó este martes que no
participó del atentado realizado por el grupo clandestino del Ejército
Popular Boricua, mejor conocido como Los Macheteros, a un autobús naval
en el 1979, en Sabana Seca, y que dejó el saldo de dos marinos muertos y
10 heridos.
La afirmación la hizo luego de haber sido detenido por agentes del
Negociado de Investigaciones Federales (FBI, por sus siglas en inglés)
para tomarle pruebas genéticas. Se alega que el resultado lo usaría el
Servicio de Inteligencia Criminal del Navy (NCIS, por sus siglas en
inglés) para corroborar versiones sobre su posible participación en este
hecho.
“Yo no participé de ese operativo. Ellos están alegando que yo
participé. Ahora, no condeno a ningún patriota que luche por la
independencia en el modo que ellos entiendan que deben participar”,
sentenció en entrevista con Radio Isla.
Contó que el pasado jueves los agentes federales lo detuvieron, tras
bloquear la carretera PR-2, en dirección de Vega Baja a Manatí.
“Es una experiencia rutinaria de parte del FBI y de la fuerza represiva.
Yo me encontraba en la mañana en mi casa y mi pequeña finca en el barrio
Almirante Sur de Vega Baja, y noté la presencia de los agentes del FBI
dando rondas en el barrio. El que no tiene hechas no tiene sospecha.
Mantuve mi ruta y salí como a la 1:30 p.m de mi barrio para llevarle
unos guineos a mi hermano Norberto, que vive en Manatí. Cerca, llegando
a Manatí, bloquearon la número 2, me interceptaron y me dijeron el
propósito de por qué me detenían. Yo les dejé saber que yo no iba a
aceptar que el FBI me cogiera una prueba de ADN”, relató.
Dijo que los agentes le indicaron que el proceso podía ser de forma
“pasiva” o “a la fuerza”, pero que supuestamente nunca le entregaron la
orden firmada por el juez federal José A. Fusté en la que se le ordenaba
la prueba.
Fue, entonces, que le pusieron las esposas, lo llevaron al Centro Médico
de Río Piedras para realizarle la prueba, que consistió de cuatro
muestras de saliva, y lo regresaron a la carretera PR-2, donde había
dejado su auto.
Estas pruebas también se las realizaron la semana pasada a sus
compañeros independentistas Juan Segarra Palmer y Norberto Cintrón Fiallo.
Según indicó González Claudio, no había necesidad para que a 37 años del
atentado se le detuviera como sospechoso. Recordó que estuvo preso en el
1985 por el robo a la Wells Fargo reportado el 12 de septiembre de 1983
en Hartford, Connecticut. Por estos hechos, cumplió una condena de cinco
años.
Además, estuvo preso a principio de la década de los años 2000 por actos
de desobediencia civil en contra de la presencia de la Marina de Guerra
de los Estados Unidos en Vieques. Comentó que en ambos momentos le
tomaron muestras genéticas.
Recordó también que siempre se le había señalado como sospechoso del
atentado y que hasta escribió un artículo en unperiódico en el 2014 para
hablar sobre ese incidente. Por ello, cuestionó las razones por las que
a estas alturas se emprende una investigación en su contra.
“Sabana Seca es una excusa para la represión. Yo dejé claro que esta era
la forma de reprimir a Puerto Rico por las cosas que se están dando en
Puerto Rico como en el mundo entero”, dijo.
--
Freedom Archives 522 Valencia Street San Francisco, CA 94110 415
863.9977 www.freedomarchives.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://freedomarchives.org/pipermail/ppnews_freedomarchives.org/attachments/20160426/90f706a4/attachment.htm>
More information about the PPnews
mailing list