[Pnews] On Palestine and Apartheid - political prisoner Tom manning

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Apr 26 13:01:41 EDT 2016

A minute after midnight, in this cell reading Ramzy Baroud’s March 17^th
piece on the BDS/Boycott of the Zionists who occupy Palestine and
slaughter Palestinians at will.

I watch TV in here, this prison hospital, a lot and see what the
American public is fed and accept passively every day. Things that seem
minor to my fellow captives when I mention it – which I do. They look at
me as if I’m the TV grouch.

The blond actress Jorgenson who is pro Zionist factories in West Bank
Palestine. She is a super hero in Captain America – the movie. An
Israeli soldier who plays Wonder Woman in another super hero movie, who
gets more air/interview time than the Palestinian shot in the head by an
Israeli soldier while laying on the ground under arrest. Bang! Big joke.

I see a news clip. It shows two men, a father and son maybe, tending
their fishing gear on a beach with the open sea beyond. Open? The
Zionists have just allowed Palestinians of Gaza to fish nine miles out –
the limit has been six miles. While I take in this view, I have the
visual memory of the four boys in a tight, athletic group running this
way then that – trying unsuccessfully to outrun the bursting shells the
Zionists are lobbing at them from out on that sea.

Then CBS evening news shows us the young men of Gaza who do amazing
acrobatic jumping and tumbling amidst the ruins of their city – looking
for moments of freedom when their feet are off the ground between
leaping and landing.

And as the American reporter interviews them for the little news novelty
moment at the end of the evening, we can see the shining ribbon of
prison/apartheid wall in the background – from one side of the TV screen
to the other with the very high-tech, highly lethal watchtower, guard
tower, shining against the blue sky.

I try to focus my fellow captives on the real story behind the
diversionary propaganda – try to explain apartheid and how it can be
applied in places other than South Africa.

When asked “How do you know all this shit?” I tell them I’m here in this
prison with them for fighting against apartheid.

I can’t capture on paper the Abbott and Costello like conversation that
grew out of this. And as I left the TV room, I heard someone say, “That
mother fucker’s crazy,” and someone else says “what time’s the game on?”

Amandla

Tom Manning # 10373-016

Federal Medical Center

Butner, NC 27509

(That was a moment in the Black TV room. The white TV room is sixty feet
further along this prison block, the Spanish TV room is on the other
side. They understand apartheid more than they think they do.)

***************************************

    /*Tom Manning *is an anti-imperialist revolutionary who/was active
    in the United Freedom Front
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Freedom_Front>, a clandestine
    anti-imperialist organization that carried out targeted bombings of
    corporate buildings, courthouses and military facilities and also
    carried out bank robberies to fund revolutionary projects. He was
    unjustly sentenced to 80 years in prison for killing a New Jersey
    state trooper in self-defense.

His Book of art is For Love and Liberty.
<http://freedomarchives.org/Tom%20Manning.html?wid=33028#http://>

Tom has been held captive since 1985. More about Tom:
https://denverabc.wordpress.com/prisoners-dabc-supports/political-prisoners-database/thomas-manning/