[News] Philippine Army troops to train under Israeli Defense Forces

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jun 18 21:34:49 EDT 2019

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1131642/philippine-army-troops-to-train-under-israeli-defense-forces?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2nhTGeWu0vJrqN7YN_Z33VsZk1b_tkBuJtfVsUdihTBRIvtrKZfMx0ZMU#Echobox=1560856954

  Philippine Army troops to train under Israeli Defense Forces

Frances Mangosing - June 18, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — Nearly 200 soldiers of the Philippine Army will
undergo counter-terrorism training under the Israeli Defense Forces
later this month.

The training is set for June 26 to July 4 at Fort Magsaysay, Nueva
Ecija, Army spokesperson Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala told reporters Tuesday.

A total of 180 soldiers from various units of the Army, including the
2nd, 5th, 7th, and 9th Infantry Divisions as well as the Special Forces
Regiment, Scout Ranger Regiment, and Light Reaction Regiment will
participate in the training.

Around 10 soldiers of the Israeli Defense Force will conduct the
training, the first collaboration of its kind for the Philippines and
Israel.

“Terrorism right now is ever present, so it’s important that we
constantly learn and constantly take cues from other countries. Although
they have different experiences, there are similarities, so it’s
important that we establish a methodology on how to go about our
anti-terrorism and combat techniques,” Zagala said.

Brig. Gen. Dan Goldfus, the head of the Israeli Defense Forces
delegation, paid a courtesy call to Army chief Lt. Gen. Macairog Alberto
on Monday.

The two exchanged views on terrorism and expressed interest to learn
from each other’s experiences in fighting terror threats, Zagala said.
(*Editor*: /Eden Estopace/)

863.9977 https://freedomarchives.org/