[Pnews] Charges dropped for 400 water protectors!

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 6 10:24:42 EDT 2017

<https://click.everyaction.com/h/398572/2668945?nvep=ew0KICAiVGVuYW50VXJpIjogIm5ncHZhbjovL3Zhbi9FQS9FQTAwMS8xLzU4MDcwIiwNCiAgIkRpc3RyaWJ1dGlvbklkIjogbnVsbCwNCiAgIkRpc3RyaWJ1dGlvblVuaXF1ZUlkIjogImY0YjJmOWE2LWRmYTktZTcxMS04MGMyLTAwMGQzYTEwNGVlOSIsDQogICJFbWFpbE1lc3NhZ2VJZCI6ICI1OTQ3OTIyNS1jMmEzLWU3MTEtODBjMi0wMDBkM2ExMDRlZTkiLA0KICAiRW1haWxNZXNzYWdlQ29udGVudElkIjogImYzYjJmOWE2LWRmYTktZTcxMS04MGMyLTAwMGQzYTEwNGVlOSIsDQogICJFbWFpbEFkZHJlc3MiOiAiY2xhdWRlQGZyZWVkb21hcmNoaXZlcy5vcmciLA0KICAiRGlzdHJpYnV0aW9uVHJhY2thYmxlSXRlbUlkIjogMA0KfQ%3D%3D&hmac=fC1xJ6giAIc2Y4Cg9NnoxLoY1NkHmLsnvPfLKf82QQA=>

Great news! 42,000 people have signed the petition to #DropDAPLCharges.
Many attorneys have worked long hours and 400 of 800-plus charges have
been dropped. North Dakota’s judges see that the accusations against
water protectors are baseless. Your stand with Standing Rock is making a
big difference.

In February, I was arrested along with dozens of other water protectors,
including HolyElk, a fourth generation Lakota woman activist in the
indigenous rights movement who stood tall until the very last day on the
front lines at the /Oceti Sakowin/ camp. In two weeks time, our legal
team will begin conducting videotaped depositions. And when we walk into
the courtroom next year, the evidence we’re compiling will expose
injustices perpetrated by the pipeline’s owners and their private,
militarized security firm.

Your voice has kept Standing Rock front and center in the struggle to
safeguard human, indigenous, and civil rights in this homeland we share.
Your generosity matters greatly to those of us who peacefully and
prayerfully protected our water—and to the future of freedom in this
country. Whether or not you choose to contribute today, know that we
deeply value your partnership and will continue to work as hard as we
can to protect the protectors and our collective right to stand in
defense of Grandmother Earth.

/Wopila/—I thank you!

Chase Iron Eyes
Lakota People’s Law Project Lead Counsel

Lakota People's Law Project
740 Front St. Suite 265
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
United States