[Pnews] Political Prisoner Alvaro Luna Hernandez' Appeal for Medical Help

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Apr 28 15:47:27 EDT 2016

/Above: Excerpt from an April 13th, 2016 letter from Xinachtli Luna
Hernandez to his defense committee and supporters regarding prisoner
solidarity./

  Dear Alvaro Hernandez Supporter,

*Xinachtli: Alvaro's New Name*
First, we would like to inform Alvaro's supporters that we shall be
referring to him as /Xinachtli/ as much as is possible because he
regards "Alvaro" as his slave name.

Xinachtli is Nahuatl for "seed"*.*

*Results of April 9th Email Campaign*
The April 9th call to action
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=ccb4ed5cad&e=59a22d0b1f>
that Xinachtli supporters partook in had the effect of angering prison
authorities at the insolent defiance of those who are supposed to be quiet.

But more importantly, it had the effect of showing them and us that his
overseers can't do what they want with him because there is a solidarity
community overlooking Xinachtli.

*New Minimum Objective: Safeguard Xinachtli's Health*
The /maximum/ objective remains: emancipation for Xinachtli.  Yet given
the grim news recently that he has hepatitis C, his supporters have now
a new /minimum/ objective—treatment, so that he does not die from this
ailment before emancipation or after.

*Who to Email*
Therefore, we are urging Xinachtli's supporters to join us on this new
front in an email campaign directed at minimum, to the Health Services
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=dee70f0cb2&e=59a22d0b1f>
of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and and Brad Livingston
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=b038b8bc05&e=59a22d0b1f>,
Executive Director of the TDCJ.  Their emails are

    health.services at tdcj.texas.gov <mailto:health.services at tdcj.texas.gov>
    exec.director at tdcj.state.tx.us <mailto:exec.director at tdcj.state.tx.us>

And if you have time, send the same message to the Texas Governor Greg
Abbott
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=16c3c03e46&e=59a22d0b1f>;
your Texas legislators
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=2712b305fd&e=59a22d0b1f>
(if in Texas); and John Whitmire
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=4f16502c09&e=59a22d0b1f>,
Chair of the Texas Senate's Committee on Criminal Justice, using the
email forms found on their pages in the links just provided.

*Script for Your Convenience*
We're urging you to email the following basic message by *Friday,* *May
6th, 2016 * (feel free to copy and paste!),

    *Email Subject:*
    concerning health treatment for TDCJ prisoner Alvaro Hernandez, #255735

    *Email Body: *
    Dear Officials of the TDCJ and Officials and Representatives of the
    Texas Government,

    I am writing in concern of TDCJ prisoner Alvaro Luna Hernandez, #255735.

    Alvaro has contracted Hepatitis C while in the confines of the Texas
    prison system.

    This in itself constitutes cruel and neglectful treatment to the
    inmate population and Alvaro himself, and I do not wish to see a
    worsening of this injustice.

    Therefore, I am requesting that the TDCJ

    1) acquire for and administer to Alvaro all the necessary Hepatitis
    C medications for the best treatment;

    2) transfer Alvaro to the Montford Medical Unit in Lubbock, TX for
    placement under a 12-week treatment plan to cure him of this virus;

    3) ensure that Alvaro's transfer is carried out humanely, with
    dignifying accommodations—unlike his March 2016 transfer to
    Robertson Unit in Abilene, TX—, and that none of his correspondence
    or possessions are robbed from him by TDCJ authorities under
    spurious pretenses.

    Sincerely,

*Please contact us if you have any questions.
Faithfully yours,*

*April 28, 2016
Committee to Free Alvaro Luna Hernandez
freealvaronow at gmail.com <mailto:freealvaronow at gmail.com>
512-387-1306 <tel:512-387-1306> (phone)
PO Box 7907
Austin, TX, 78713*
*AN INJURY TO ONE IS AN INJURY TO ALL*!

Xinachtli Luna Hernandez is a Chicano liberationist and anarchist who
was and is targeted for his political organizing.

He was arrested without warrant, and sentenced to 50 years for
aggravated assault on a peace officer after peacefully disarming Sheriff
McDaniels and running.

You can find out more about his story at freealvaro.net
<http://freealvaro.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbc52615be1479686817ca038&id=ff12716795&e=59a22d0b1f>