[Pnews] Committee to Free Alvaro Luna Hernandez - Support Alvaro

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Apr 11 13:19:41 EDT 2016

Dear Alvaro’s Friends, Family, and Supporters,
Alvaro is in dire need of immediate, practical solidarity from all who
support his emancipation from unjust incarceration and cruel punishment.

Alvaro's Recent Hardship
In these past few weeks it has come to our attention that Alvaro is
enduring multiple forms of inadequate and cruel treatment by the Texas
Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).

He is in need of dire medical attention; the TDCJ has placed him in more
inhospitable holding conditions; the TDCJ has confiscated and stolen
from him; the TDCJ has limited his mail correspondence; and when in
transport to Lubbock, TX, the TDCJ transported him with—what you will is
agree is—little to no regard for his health or comfort.

Call to Action!
Therefore, we are urging you to email or call relevant TDCJ authorities
(below) by Thursday, April 14th, 2016 (midnight) to protest these
conditions and demand immediate improvements.

We have prepared sample grievances for your convenience when contacting
the officials below (click to download)
<http://jerichony.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=196643ce7a&e=e9f3d86b9a>.
(Click here
<http://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=47851de099&e=e9f3d86b9a>
to preview them).

Send as many as you can in one or more emails!

The relevant TDCJ authorities to contact are:

*TDJC Ombudsman Office*
ombudsman at tdcj.texas.gov <mailto:ombudsman at tdcj.texas.gov>
(936) 437-4927 <tel:%28936%29%20437-4927>
P.O. Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342-0099

*TDJC Office of the Inspector General*
oig at tdcj.texas.gov <mailto:oig at tdcj.texas.gov>
(936) 437-5030 <tel:%28936%29%20437-5030>
P.O. Box 13084, Capitol Station
Austin, TX 78711

*TDCJ Executive Director*
exec.director at tdcj.state.tx.us <mailto:exec.director at tdcj.state.tx.us>
(512) 463-9988 <tel:%28512%29%20463-9988>
209 West 14th Street
5th Floor, Price Daniel Building
Austin, TX 78701

Thank you! Your Solidarity Matters!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and from Alvaro's.  Your
solidarity does matter and will make a difference.

Without solidarity, nothing is possible!  Free Alvaro!  Free them all!

*Committee to Free Alvaro Luna Hernandez
freealvaronow at gmail.com <mailto:freealvaronow at gmail.com>
April 9th, 2016*