[Ppnews] Cuban 5 - End the injustice

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Sep 5 19:59:20 EDT 2010

International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5

END THE INJUSTICE, FREEDOM NOW!

September 4, 2010

This September 12th will mark the twelfth
anniversary of the unjust imprisonment of Gerardo
Hernandez, Ramón Labañino, René Gonzalez, Antonio
Guerrero and Fernando Gonzalez, our five brothers
who are political prisoners in the United States
for fighting against terrorism.

Twelve years in which Gerardo, Ramón and Antonio
have served over a decade of time in high
security prisons. Twelve years where René and
Gerardo were unable to see their wives. Twelve
years where the Five have been forced into
isolation cells for more than 635 days.

Twelve years of pain for five Cuban families who
have seen their children grow up without the
presence of their fathers. Twelve years of having
to say goodbye to their loved ones without the
embrace of their children. Twelve years of not
knowing when they will receive the next "blessed
authorization" to see their relatives again.

Twelve years of shame for the justice of a
country that pretends by lecturing the world about human rights.

The International Committee for the Freedom of
the Cuban Five joins with others in
the  international effort which starts on
September 12 and extends to October 8, the date
of the death in combat of Che, as part of the
ongoing battle for truth, justice and the freedom of the Five.

During this time, the world will be reminded that
on September 21, 1976, the former foreign
minister of Chile, Orlando Letelier and his North
American secretary Ronnie Moffitt, were
assassinated in Washington DC. Also during this
time, it will be remembered what happened on
October 6, 34 years ago when a plane was blown up
in mid-air over the coast of Barbados killing 73
innocent people on board. Those who confessed to
this heinous crime, Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada
Carriles, today enjoy privileges awarded by the
US government and are free to walk the streets of
Miami as honorable citizens instead of the
international criminals that they are.

Today, September 4, on the thirteenth anniversary
of the death of Fabio Di Celmo, a young Italian
tourist who died from a bomb blast that was
planted in a Cuban hotel by order of the same
Luis Posada Carriles, we join with people from
around the world in all their initiatives and
activities from September 12 - October 8.

On behalf of the memory of Fabio, of the victims
of Barbados, and of all of those who have
suffered death and wounds by the actions of terrorist groups based in Miami.

And on behalf of all peoples right to live in
peace, we raise our voices,  along with honest
men and women from all over the world to renew
our commitment, to multiply our efforts, day by
day, step by step, so that together we can
achieve the return of the Cuban Five to their families and their homeland.

We demand President Obama to put an end to this
injustice and order the freedom of the Five Cuban Patriots Now!

International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5
www.thecuban5.org