[Ppnews] 4strugglemag Issue 16 now online - Marilyn Buck released

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jul 23 10:47:40 EDT 2010

From: Toronto ABC <torontoblackcross at gmail.com>

Hi all,

We're proud to announce the summer release of Issue 16 of
4strugglemag at
<http://4strugglemag.org/category/issue-16>http://4strugglemag.org/category/issue-16.
Please see below for an introduction from political prisoner Jaan Laaman.

Thanks for your continued support of 4strugglemag - an important
voice for prisoners across the continent.

Toronto ABCF

We begin by doing something we rarely do, dedicating this issue to an
outstanding individual, a courageous sister, Marilyn Buck. Our
primary section is on Black August (BA). You'll find Doc Holiday's
historic words on the meaning and principles of BA. This is followed
by Akili Castilin's essay on "A Generational Perspective" on BA.
There are several other insightful articles in this section, as well
as Kazi Toure's run down on the events and significance of August 7,
1970. This August 7 is also the date of the national Running Down The
Walls run, and information on that is at the end of this issue.
Definitely check it out and join or start a RDTW run in your city or prison.

We have lots of information in "The Struggle Continues" section, on
the G8/G20 events in Toronto, Canadian "Prisoners' Justice Day," the
CMU in Marion and more.

In the "Revolutionary Analysis and Info" section, our central long
piece is by Russell Maroon Shoats, entitled, "The Dragon and the
Hydra." This essay adds to the discussion Bill Dunne began in issue
15 with his article on the Tamil struggle in Sri Lanka. The
theoretical question raised and discussed was on national liberation
struggles and methods of revolutionary organization. 4SM welcomes
serious and reasoned revolutionary analysis of these and related
issues, especially from political prisoners (PPs) and others, who
have hands on experience in these struggles. While 4SM pages are open
to PPs and other revolutionaries' criticisms of national liberation
as a strategy and various types of revolutionary and guerrilla
organizations, this in no way should be interpreted as 4SM lessening
its support for actual revolutionary struggles and professional and
fighting organizations. As we clearly state in our general
introduction in every issue, "4strugglemag is an independent
non-sectarian revolutionary voice. We are unapologetically
anti-imperialist and solidly in support of progressive national
liberation, especially the struggles of New African/Black,
Mexicano/Chicano, Puerto Rican and Native American Nations presently
controlled by u.s. imperialism." There are several other thought
provoking articles in this section.

We also have some book reviews, including Marland X's review of a
Black Panther Party study, Will You Die with Me?, which readers will
learn from.

4SM is always open to your revolutionary thoughts, criticisms and
suggestions, poems and graphics too. We will have more reflection
from Bill Dunne on the national liberation question, as well as
reports back on the RDTW runs in the next issue. See you all in issue
17, out in November, and like and old saying goes, if you don't like
the news happening (the wars, the government repression, continuing
job losses and house evictions), then go out and make some news of your own!

Freedom Is A Constant Struggle!
Jaan Laaman, editor