[Ppnews] Fast 4 Freedom: Fri, Aug 6th in the Bay Area

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Jul 24 14:52:25 EDT 2010

FAST 4 FREEDOM STATEWIDE ACTION IN THE BAY AREA

FRIDAY AUGUST 6th – FAST all day* and Rally from 11:30am-1pm

at the State Building in San Francisco.

Bring your music, drums, and poetry or words to share!

* People will be fasting in front of the State Building from 10am- 4pm.

"Because so many are starving for FREEDOM" (from
the call by family members of prisoners)

Fast 4 Freedom is a STATEWIDE day of fasting and
solidarity actions on Friday, August 6th
initiated by family members and loved ones of
prisoners locked up across California.

  The Bay Area CURB Alliance will be organizing a
rally on August 6th from 11:30am- 1pm at the
State Building in San Francisco - 350 McAllister
St (at Polk) - where Mark Leno, Senate Public
Safety Committee, Tom Ammiano, Assembly Public
Safety Committee and Fiona Ma, Assemblywoman from
San Francisco, all have their local offices.

Are you going to be fasting? Let us know so we
can get an accurate count of fasters! Drop us a
line at <mailto:lisa at criticalresistance.org>lisa at criticalresistance.org.

We will be spreading awareness about the many
extreme injustices currently faced by prisoners,
their families and their communities. Our demands include:

End Three Strikes

Reduce the Prison Population NOW
Release Prisoners Eligible for Parole

Release Sick, Aged and Terminally Ill prisoners

Family Visits for All Prisoners

End the Death Penalty
Education Not Incarceration

Stop All New Prison Construction including New
"Mental Health" Cages being built in Chino and Vacaville

Justice for Oscar Grant and all targets of racist police brutality

JOIN US ON TO FIGHT FOR FREEDOM AND JUSTICE ON THIS IMPORTANT DATE!

August 6th is also the 65th anniversary of the
U.S. bombing of Hiroshima and events marking this
horrendous date will be occurring around the Bay Area.

CURB ALLIANCE (Member organizations include
Critical Resistance, All of Us Or None, Families
to Amend California's Three Strikes, California
Coalition for Women Prisoners,  Youth Justice
Coalition, Legal Services for Prisoners with
Children, American Friends Service Committee and many more....)