[Ppnews] On MOVE's murder complaints against Philadelphia Cops - July 8 Court Hearing

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jul 9 16:57:26 EDT 2010

LONG LIVE JOHN AFRICA'S REVOLUTION

As most of you no doubt know by now, we had a hearing in court today,
July 8th, on the murder complaints that we filed against officials
involved in the May 1985 bombing and murder of innocent MOVE family members.

The issue is very simple and very clear.  Officials deliberately
dropped a C4 bomb on our home and the bomb ignited a fire which
officials deliberately refused to put out.  When we attempted to get
out of the blazing inferno, cops deliberately shot at us to try to
prevent any of us from surviving.  As a result of this, eleven
innocent MOVE men, women, children and numerous animals were
literally burned alive and found to have bullet fragments in their
bodies from police gunfire.  Not one single official in these past
twenty-five years was ever charged with murdering our family.  I'm
the only one to be charged with anything and imprisoned.

We, the MOVE family, filed private criminal murder complaints against
officials responsible for the murder of our family.  The district
attorney's office refused our complaints so we appealed to common
pleas court.  Judge Frank Palumbo refused our complaints, adhering to
assistant district attorney William James' arguments that it's been
twenty-five years and "it wouldn't be in the interest of the
commonwealth" to persue these charges.

This is not surprising but it is unacceptable and we are appealing
Palumbo's decision.  There is no statute of limitations on murder in
Pennsylvania and how can it not be in the interest of  the
commonwealth, the people, to prosecute obvious murderers?

The MOVE 9 have been in prison for thirty-two years for the false
accusation of killing a cop even though officials destroyed the scene
of the crime within hours of arresting my family and even though the
trial judge stated after convicting and sentencing my family to
thirty to one-hundred years that he didn't have the faintest idea who
killed that cop and the trajectory of the fatal bullet proves that
MOVE didn't kill him.   The murder of my family was witnessed around
the world.  There is no question about who murdered innocent MOVE
family members yet the district attorney's office refuses to
prosecute these official murderers.

The district attorney's office fights everyday to prosecute people,
even when they have little to no evidence against the person.  In
this case, however, the district attorney's office is fighting tooth
and nail to keep from prosecuting these official
murderers.  Why?  They are telling people very clearly that cops and
officials can murder people, burn people alive, including babies, and
not be held accountable but if anybody is even suspected of killing a
cop or official they'll be hunted down and punished to the harshest
extent possible.  People need to take this seriously and people
should be outraged about it.

How many times does this system have to tell people that our lives
are worth nothing, that only the lives of rich folks, cops and
officials mean anything or are worth anything?  Officials accuse MOVE
of being violent, confrontational and having no respect for their
legal system.  MOVE have never been violent but we do believe in the
instinctive right of self defense which has nothing at all to do with
being violent.  We will always confront anybody that attacks us or
tries to hurt us or any family member and I defy anybody to prove
that to be wrong, and why would anybody have respect for a system
that has always shown itself to be racist, unjust and vicious.

People wonder why we of MOVE take the strong position we do against
this rotten system, why we come after it the way we do, well the
position of district attorney Seth Williams and judge Frank Palumbo
tells you why.

MOVE is always gonna fight injustice, we ain't never gonna stop, and
if our enemy labels our fight criminal or illegal, so what.  What
would you expect from your enemy?

For more info or to get involved, contact MOVE at 215 387-4107/
onamovellja at aol.com