[Ppnews] Rod Coronado - The Lonely Path
Political Prisoner News
ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 26 10:26:24 EDT 2008
the lonely path,
through dust and fog-
sweet home!
Its been two weeks now that Rod has been up in
Oklahoma, a place that will serve as a residence
to him for the next 10 months. It, like the
above haiku, is a lonely path, but what awaits is the beacon of inner strength.
He says it is really not so bad; the yard is nice
and actually has vegetation, the other prisoners
have been very helpful, and it seems as he may
navigate his way through there alright. He said
he could sit in the afternoons, alone in the
soccer yard, leaning on a goal post, reading
undisturbed. He said there are spaces of peace there.
The first week went as anticipated~ he being put
in the whole as the incoming terrorist
. They
needed to make sure he wasnt going to make any
trouble. Once he met with the captain, he was
allowed to join general population but he would
be monitored very closely. That is for certain,
as I have only received one letter and he says he
is sending one daily. I think that is due to the
regulations that every letter must be personally
read before it goes out. This is not standard
procedure. Also, Rod can call me between the
hours of 1-4 pm his time, so that every call is
live monitored, as well. This means I can talk
to him at 1pm my time, if I am off of work. Such is the game.
At first I was not as disturbed by these limits,
understanding the system of hierarchy and what it
aims to do. But as I think more on it, I become
more concerned. The reasoning on the part of FCI
to monitor Rod is that they want to make sure
that Rod is not recruiting from within
prison. That is heavy. At first I laughed, I
know it seems almost silly to think in their
terms. But, what it means is that they perceive
Rod as a serious threat to National Security, a
recruiter who must be monitored from even within his confinement!
I hear in Rods voice that he knows he has to be
very careful. There is a line in our
conversations that we cannot cross. They seem to
be looking for something, and that makes me
cautious. I have felt how power-hungry and
tyrannical this system is, and I have no doubt
that once they are able to find a reason to
punish Rod, they would. It makes me hesitate to
believe that the end of a battle with the government is near.
Sweet Home!
On a lighter note, I am trying to get myself out
to Oklahoma, in June to surprise Rod with a
visit! It is intended to be a surprise, so if
you write him please dont mention it! At this
point, I charged the ticket to his credit card,
and I am not sure how I will pay for a hotel and
rental car! But, I am determined to make it
happen! I know he needs me, I hear it in his voice!
If you could assist in any way, it would be
appreciated! We have always considered the
community support such a honor to have! I again
would be so appreciative of any help in this
direction. If you please use the paypal option ,
that is always easiest for us, as well.
Thanks for keeping us in your hearts on the path through dust and fog-
Chrysta
Freedom Archives
522 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
415 863-9977
www.Freedomarchives.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://freedomarchives.org/pipermail/ppnews_freedomarchives.org/attachments/20080526/b84ad74d/attachment.htm>
More information about the PPnews
mailing list