[Ppnews] another eco-arrest

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jan 17 18:39:48 EST 2006

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:23:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: another eco-arrest
From: "Josh Raisler Cohn" <joshrc at soaw.org>

info is spotty right now, but there has been another arrest connected to
last months round up of activists and organizers.

the reports from oregon says:

Long time animal rights and environmental activist Jonathan Paul has been
arrested in Southern Oregon.

Jonathan was also recently served with a subpoena for the Eugene Grand
Jury and did jail time in 1992 for refusing to testify before a grand
jury. I will post more information as it becomes available.

update:

I have just heard that the charges may stem from an arson at the Cavel
West horse slaughter house back in 97 or so.

If I had to guess I would say that these charges are just a way to apply
pressure to Jonathan and keep him jailed prior to his grand jury date.
More info as it becomes available.

portland.indymedia.org