[News] Al-Houthi: 9-year war on Yemen a plot for Israeli regional control

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Mar 25 20:47:16 EDT 2024

english.almayadeen.net
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/al-houthi--9-year-war-on-yemen-a-plot-for-israeli-regional-c>
Al-Houthi: 9-year war on Yemen a plot for Israeli regional control
Al Mayadeen English
March 25, 2024
------------------------------

The leader of the Ansar Allah movement affirms Yemen's continued military
support to the Yemeni people and calls on Saudi Arabia to act on peace
talks.

   - [image: Al-Houthi: 10-year war on Yemen a plot for Israeli regional
   control]
   <https://alpha-en-media.almayadeen.net/archive/image/2024/3/25/8c1f5beb-9563-42d3-9394-818d3652e1a2.png?v=4&width=1000>
   Sayyed Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, the leader of the Ansar Allah movement,
   speaks during the ninth anniversary of the National Day for Resilience, on
   March 25, 2024. *(Yemeni Armed Forces/Military Media)*

The Saudi-led US-backed aggression on Yemen came in the context of a
comprehensive plan to rearrange the status quo in West Asia and put it
under the leadership of the Israeli regime, the leader of the Yemeni Ansar
Allah movement Sayyed Abdul-Malik al-Houthi said in an address on Monday
evening.

Sayyed al-Houthi made the remarks during the ninth anniversary of the
National Day for Resilience on the 15th of Ramadan.

He stressed that via the aggression on Yemen, international actors aimed to
liquidate the Palestinian cause and instigate major changes in the region,
which would allow the Israeli occupation to assert its control over it.

"One of the objectives of the aggression on our country is to enable the
Israeli enemy to lead the region and [support it in doing so], as appeared
in the normalization program or the deal of the century," Sayyed al-Houthi
explained.

"The aggression on our country has no legitimacy, no legitimate goals, and
no legitimate practices," the leader of the Yemeni Resistance movement
underlined.

"The headlines raised by the coalition were exposed," Sayyed al-Houthi said
in reference to propaganda disseminated by coalition countries attempting
to legitimize the aggression against Yemen.

*Read more: Watch: Yemeni missile downs US MQ-9 drone over Hodeidah
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/watch--yemeni-missile-downs-us-mq-9-drone-over-hodeidah>*
'Israel', the enemy of all Muslims and Arabs

"Our enemy is the enemy of the entire Ummah. The Israeli enemy constitutes
a real danger to all Muslims, especially Arabs," he added.

"Israeli animosity to Arabs is a well-known, clear, and frank animosity
that extends to their culture, schools of thought, heritage, and politics,"
the Yemeni leader emphasized.

On this point, Sayyed al-Houthi highlighted the role of the normalization
campaigns spearheaded by the United States and "Israel".

"The normalization plan came to overlap Israeli animosity and inflame wars
and strife within our Ummah."

"A tragedy for our Ummah was marked when states, governments, and regimes
moved their energies and capabilities to serve American policies," Sayyed
al-Houthi added.

He saw such actions as a "great hardship" and a "clear loss" to the Arab
nation.

"For the Israeli enemy, normalization is a means to consolidate and
strengthen its control and influence to infiltrate into the entire Arab
world," he stated.

*Read more: Riyadh restricted US attacks on Yemen from Saudi soil:
Al-Monitor
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/riyadh-restricted-us-attacks-on-yemen-from-saudi-soil--al-mo>*
Sanaa seeks no animosity, only confrontation with the triad of evil

Sayyed al-Houthi affirmed that Sanaa seeks to reach agreements and peace
with all Arab and Islamic countries, aiming to enhance its relations with
partners. However, he did stress that Yemen is in a state of confrontation
with the "triad of evil
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/yemen-in-an-open-battle-with-us--uk--talks-with-riyadh-posit>,"
which consists of the United States, the United Kingdom, and "Israel".

The leader of the Ansar Allah movement said that Yemen will continue to
support the Palestinian people via military operations
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/china--russia-broker-deal-for-red-sea-safe-passage--bloomber>
conducted by the Yemeni Armed Forces (YAF).

"Our military operations will continue," Sayyed al-Houthi said,
highlighting the importance of million-man-marches held by the Yemeni
people in support of compatriots in the Gaza Strip.

"Our media outlets are directed with all their energies and capabilities to
support the Palestinian people," Sayyed al-Houthi revealed.

*Read more: Israeli military admits in a first: Yemeni missile struck
'Eilat'
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/israeli-military-admits-in-a-first--yemeni-missile-struck--e>*
Saudi Arabia, UAE should work for peace

"There is no justification for the continued Saudi and Emirati
procrastination regarding peace requirements
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/saudi-messages-positive-must-be-put-into-practice:-politburo>
in light of the current stage," Sayyed al-Houthi said in relation to peace
talks between Sanaa, on one side, and Saudi Arabia and the United Arab
Emirates, on the other.

"Saudi Arabia and the Emirates must move from the phase of de-escalation to
peace efforts if they really want peace. Peace is the actual and real
interest of all parties."

"Serious steps in accordance with a clear agreement that includes what we
have emphasized in the discussions and negotiations throughout all the past
stages [should be taken]," Sayyed al-Houthi said.

"Peace includes a complete end to the siege, aggression, and occupation,
the exchange of prisoners, and compensation for damages," he added.

"We advise everyone to emancipate themselves from blind dependence on
America, and we hope that we will reach a fair and just solution that leads
to the implementation of peace requirements," he stressed.
Statistics from the war on Yemen

Sayyed al-Houthi revealed that the war on Yemen
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/a-study-finds-us-corporate-media-behind-the-war-in-yemen>
has led to the martyrdom and injury of more than 50,000 civilians, most of
them children and women, in addition to the martyred fighters.

Regarding the losses suffered by the war coalition, he said that the number
of killed and wounded from all formations and divisions of the aggression
armies and mercenaries reached 282,879.

In terms of vehicles and equipment, he noted that the enemies' losses
reached 18,397 pieces, adding that the Yemeni air defenses conducted 4,585
operations through which the Yemeni forces managed to down 165 warplanes
and reconnaissance aircraft.

A nonfinal toll of the number of airstrikes carried out by the coalition of
aggression on the Yemeni people totaled 274,302, involving bombs and
missiles, throughout the years of the war on the country, the Ansar Allah
leader added.

He also pointed out that the war on the Yemeni people was not limited to
military attacks. He noted that the aggression coalition also imposed a
siege, which led to starvation used as a tool to attempt to subdue the
nation, and resorted to conspiracies against the national currency and
banks, aimed to undermine the country's economy.

Elsewhere in his speech, the leader of Ansar Allah said that the aggressors
destroyed a total of 613,992 houses and 1,843 mosques, pointing out that
the coalition did not respect the sanctity of worship sites.

He also questioned whether "someone who destroys more than half a million
houses and university facilities is waging a war for the benefit of the
Yemeni people or is targeting a specific segment of its people."

Additionally, he mentioned that the coalition destroyed 427 hospitals and
medical facilities, in addition to killing a large number of medical staff,
despite the limited health services in Yemen.

Regarding the educational sector, Sayyed al-Houthi said that the attacking
countries destroyed 186 university facilities, many of which were
completely demolished, as well as 1,331 schools and educational centers.

Furthermore, they destroyed 146 sports facilities, 269 archaeological
sites, 12,775 agricultural fields, and 63 media facilities, he added.

The Yemeni leader also said that 15 airports were destroyed. Meanwhile,
Sanaa International Airport continues to be targeted, despite the weak
infrastructure.

He added that the aggression targeted 354 power stations and generators, as
well as 7,940 roads and bridges, killing large numbers of citizens.
Moreover, 647 communication networks and stations and 3,332 water tanks and
networks were targeted.

Regarding government institutions, Sayyed al-Houthi explained that the
aggression targeted 2,155 government facilities, 417 factories, 397 fuel
tankers, 434 fuel stations, 12,534 commercial establishments, and 484
chicken and livestock farms.

*Read more: All US attempts to end Yemeni operations in Red Sea will fail:
SPC
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/all-us-attempts-to-end-yemeni-operations-in-red-sea-will-fai>*
Al-Houthi: We go into the 10th year with advanced military capabilities

"Our position is clear when it comes to the Americans, the Israelis, and
the British," Sayyed al-Houthi said.

"We are going into the tenth year with advanced military capabilities to
protect our people and support the oppressed Palestinian people in
confronting the plots of enemies," Sayyed al-Houthi underscored.

"We enter with an organized and faithful army that has combined actual
experience and development," he added.

"We enter with general mobilization and with unprecedented shared popular
consciousness and complete cohesion to our internal front," Sayyed
al-Houthi said.

Finalizing his speech with a message of gratitude to those who stood by the
Yemeni people for the past ten years, Sayyed al-Houthi extended Yemen's
thanks to the Islamic Republic in Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

"Our brothers in Hezbollah in Lebanon had a had a position of support,
solidarity, and cooperation with our country and faced many problems as a
result [of their stance]," Sayyed al-Houthi said.

"We thank our brothers in Iraq and all the free people of the world... who
supported our people," Sayyed al-Houthi concluded.

*Read more: Yemenis take to mass demonstrations in solidarity with Gaza
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/yemenis-take-to-mass-demonstrations-in-solidarity-with-gaza>*