[News] US Hands Off Haiti! Join us April 6th for a Haiti event with leaders of Fanmi Lavalas, the people's party of Haiti

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Mar 22 17:51:53 EDT 2024

haiti-april-6th-1.png

Twenty years after the 2004 coup that overthrew the democratically
elected administration of President Jean-Bertrand Aristide and the Fanmi
Lavalas Party, we commemorate the continued resistance of Haiti’s
grassroots movement. As the crisis in Haiti continues to unfold, we urge
you to join us to hear from leaders of Fanmi Lavalas, the people's party
of Haiti. The program will be held both at Eastside Arts Alliance in
Oakland and live-streamed on***youtube.*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-1QoZ095FQ> PLEASE SHARE

Haiti’s Lavalas governments made historic advances in health care,
women’s rights, housing, economic justice, food sovereignty and
education. The 2004 coup wiped out these gains, ushering in 20 years of
foreign occupation, dictatorship and terror, and a wave of neoliberal
economic policies that have created a disaster in Haiti. But the
achievements of the Aristide administrations are etched deep in the soul
of Haiti and remain a foundation for Haiti’s future.

--
Haiti Action Committee
PO Box 2040

33 years of solidarity with the anti-colonial grassroots struggle for
dignity, democracy and self-determination of the Haitian people!