[News] Yemen says 'surprises' on hand as US envoy admits 'no military solution'

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Apr 3 15:14:59 EDT 2024

 Yemen says 'surprises' on hand as US envoy admits 'no military solution'

For nearly three months, the US navy has been fighting a losing battle
against Yemen to protect Israeli commercial interests

News Desk <https://thecradle.co/authors/news-desk-9>

APR 3, 2024 -
https://thecradle.co/articles/yemen-says-surprises-on-hand-as-us-envoy-admits-no-military-solution
(Photo Credit: Saba News Agency)

Senior member from Yemen's Supreme Political Council, Mohammad Ali al-Houthi
<https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1552956-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%88%D8%AB%D9%8A-%D9%85%D8%A7-%D9%8A%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%AB%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A2%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B3%D9%83%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9/>,
announced on April 3 that the Yemeni armed forces still have many military
surprises to “defend Yemen and support Palestine.”

“We still have many military surprises,” Houthi told Yemen's Al-Masirah TV,
adding, "The enemy's occupation of part of our land did not hinder our goal
to support Palestine."

“From the coast of the Red Sea or from outside it, we can achieve the goals
we want in defense of our country and support of Palestine … We still have
many military surprises, and there are military operations that we are
keeping secret as part of a specific media strategy,” the Yemeni official
added.

His comments coincided with a statement from US Special Envoy for Yemen Timothy
Lenderking
<https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-envoy-says-diplomatic-solution-yemen-will-have-be-found-2024-04-03/>,
in which he said “there is no military solution” for Yemen.

"We favor a diplomatic solution; we know that there is no military
solution," the US official said on Wednesday.
He also repeated US claims that Yemen is “hurting
<https://thecradle.co/articles/palestinians-widely-support-yemens-red-sea-ops-oppose-us-led-day-after-plan-for-gaza-poll>”
Palestinians by targeting
<https://thecradle.co/articles/yemens-red-sea-blockade-forces-mass-layoffs-at-key-israeli-port>
US, UK, and Israeli-linked vessels in the Red Sea.

“The Houthis claim to be helping the Palestinians but are hurting them,” he
said in a briefing from Muscat following a meeting with Omani Foreign
Minister Sayyid Badr Al-Busaidi. “We all want Yemen to be a source of
stability for the region.”

Since January, the US navy has failed to slow down Yemeni attacks
<https://thecradle.co/articles/yemeni-navy-strikes-us-ship-in-red-sea> on
Israeli commercial interests despite continued bombing campaigns in the
Arab world's poorest country.

Ansarallah leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi announced on 14 March that
Ansarallah and the Yemeni army will expand
<https://thecradle.co/articles-id/23904> its maritime operations beyond the
Red Sea and into the Indian Ocean.