[News] Palestine Action Blockade Elbit's London Headquarters Again

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 17 10:21:26 EDT 2022

UK rights Group for Palestine-27-06-May 17_ 2022.jpg

Yet again, Palestine Action have struck at the heart of Israel's
murderous weapons industry, locking themselves on to the
red-paint-spattered building at 77 Kingsway in London -- home to Elbit
Industry's headquarters in the capital

Four activists stormed the building, which still bears the marks of our
previous actions: red paint to remind of the blood of Palestinian
civilians, shed by Elbit Systems' weaponry in their quest to corner the
market on mass murder. Elbit Systems is Israel's biggest arms company,
with nine sites in the UK, and is deeply entwined with the UK weapons
industry. Elbit's weaponry - mostly unmanned drones, deployed with the
press of a button - has an almost total monopoly on bombarding and
surveilling Palestinians, and has deals with the UK and other countries
that mean its weapons have been deployed in conflicts worldwide. It is
therefore almost singlehandedly responsible for the deaths of
Palestinians of all ages in occupied territory.

Today's action is one of several against Elbit Systems this week. May 15
was Nakba Day, which marks 74 for years since the Nakba or "catastrophe"
since Israel began a concrete campaign of violence and ethnic cleansing
against Palestinians. And yet the Nakba is far from over: anyone
following the news this week, or indeed over the month of Ramadan, will
be no stranger to the fact that the Nakba has not stopped for even a day
since 1948. The state of Israel and its high-tech weaponry, courtesy of
Elbit systems, continue to murder Palestinians (including press, as in
the case of beloved journalist Shireen Abu Aqla, who was murdered by
Israeli soldiers this week), and to engage in targeted land
expropriation, mass expulsion, and the desecration of sacred sites such
as the Al-Aqsa mosque.

We say: This ends now. Not a moment more. We are here to shut Elbit down
and end British complicity in Palestinian deaths, once and for all.

If you're in London, get down to 77 Kingsway WC2B 6ST with flags,
banners, signs, and anything you can use to make noise and let Elbit
Systems know they are not welcome.

We will not stop our targeted action until Elbit is shut down in the UK
and worldwide. As long as the long Nakba continues, so will we.

Join our workshop tonight to find out how to take direct action to kick
Elbit out of London: bit.ly/77Kingsway
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001IzGwTF5XxWoOpBsdpQ6jaKIluZerLXqqHv6WJWPL2VW6k1I9vyK9_UPoPqDbVkAVS09BriVua98BXFuvd565o6IBfF5NzSGBV9G1iP87H94g0jsE5w6x-ZeUSPUtJc929mWhtvdqEsjXX7eIVefEMg==&c=j7dtSwWRwnieEGrDDqBjGI4f1AGp_Q6Wm0bv9uD1nM9lWCZaQppJug==&ch=FbkdI4RbQoUhQm4IK8r1SmiH6RjF7_ULJxEKWPURmCGar9YMUfSA7A==>

Make sure to share our posts on social media to spread the word. You can
also donate below.

Share on Twitter
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001IzGwTF5XxWoOpBsdpQ6jaKIluZerLXqqHv6WJWPL2VW6k1I9vyK9_UPoPqDbVkAVY_6O9-vSbUECwzsoZffC3nnOyLnEzGzEAEcjcSJ0y_UuuDams4JKMwgjHE551oxFSVS0hV0EEeOXwQcMV5hKkyhHb6FsXRKyux3LSvY15t187sX68vPqQJ92yMHcqjdq&c=j7dtSwWRwnieEGrDDqBjGI4f1AGp_Q6Wm0bv9uD1nM9lWCZaQppJug==&ch=FbkdI4RbQoUhQm4IK8r1SmiH6RjF7_ULJxEKWPURmCGar9YMUfSA7A==>

Join tonights workshop (7PM)
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001IzGwTF5XxWoOpBsdpQ6jaKIluZerLXqqHv6WJWPL2VW6k1I9vyK9_UPoPqDbVkAVS09BriVua98BXFuvd565o6IBfF5NzSGBV9G1iP87H94g0jsE5w6x-ZeUSPUtJc929mWhtvdqEsjXX7eIVefEMg==&c=j7dtSwWRwnieEGrDDqBjGI4f1AGp_Q6Wm0bv9uD1nM9lWCZaQppJug==&ch=FbkdI4RbQoUhQm4IK8r1SmiH6RjF7_ULJxEKWPURmCGar9YMUfSA7A==>

Press Release
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001IzGwTF5XxWoOpBsdpQ6jaKIluZerLXqqHv6WJWPL2VW6k1I9vyK9_UPoPqDbVkAV4tSYeitKsTuDlreLDpjH0a2QdjOACSoc-JMiiiMtA0L-5xTJAodZjOzq_LBkz-dxmZYpEdDA-ZQHCSgEXDXKZRkI7b_ch0Uj7k0bJvGb0aYQYcjD4dLfkA==&c=j7dtSwWRwnieEGrDDqBjGI4f1AGp_Q6Wm0bv9uD1nM9lWCZaQppJug==&ch=FbkdI4RbQoUhQm4IK8r1SmiH6RjF7_ULJxEKWPURmCGar9YMUfSA7A==>

Donate
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001IzGwTF5XxWoOpBsdpQ6jaKIluZerLXqqHv6WJWPL2VW6k1I9vyK9_eFYKDQM4YEZmxxaC5UsvLG_I_OC0wyoHysQkfxyeIDZ2KfmW8DIP9ja2co0AiqSxJ7SvpR-3D5LyTJ8PLKCH54yjgz_CZCp6LqA6qyVLNx6&c=j7dtSwWRwnieEGrDDqBjGI4f1AGp_Q6Wm0bv9uD1nM9lWCZaQppJug==&ch=FbkdI4RbQoUhQm4IK8r1SmiH6RjF7_ULJxEKWPURmCGar9YMUfSA7A==>

Palestine Action| 77 Shut Elbit Down, London, United Kingdom