[News] Palestine Action Permanently Shut Down Israeli Arms Firm London HQ

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jun 20 10:22:09 EDT 2022

This makes 77 Kingsway the second Elbit site permanently shut down by
Palestine Action, in less than 2 years of sustained direct action

  Palestine Action Permanently Shut Down Israeli Arms Firm London HQ

77 Kingsway has become the second Elbit site permanently shut down by
Palestine Action, in less than 2 years of sustained direct action.

Our inaugural action saw activists storm the company's former central
London office, trashing site facilities and spray painting 'Shut Elbit
Down' and ‘We will be back’ across the walls. As the campaign continued,
tactics included disruptive entry, outdoor & indoor occupations, paint
throwing and chain-and-lock blockades. The 15 separate actions at
Kingsway and simultaneous sister actions against its landlords, have
culminated in dozens of arrests — 60 in total, for which many activists
still face trial. Elbit's closure comes after weeks of
dramatically-intensified action targeting their Kingsway headquarters.

In August 2020, a sister campaign against Elbit's London landlord, Jones
Lang Lasalle (JLL), was also launched. It demanded that JLL 'Evict
Elbit'. Multiple & systematic actions took place against the real estate
firm, who knowingly leased the site to an Israeli company making weapons
used to suppress captive populations. JLL's sites have been routinely
defaced, smashed and doused in the Palestine Action iconic red paint, as
activists continued to demand that the landlords "Evict Elbit" and cease
profiting from the genocide of the Palestinian people.

We have finished what we started at 77 Kingsway, which was the first
Elbit Systems site our movement targeted upon launching. Nearly two
years on, Elbit have once again been forced to shut down operations and
leave another of their British sites — and this comes only five months
after the business sold its factory in Oldham at a loss. We will
continue to throw a spanner in the works of apartheid, military
occupation and dispossession until Palestine is free.

We will build on the success of this closure and we won't stop until all
eight remaining sites follow suit. It's a victory for all those who
sacrificed their liberty and to all those who supported our movement,
but most importantly the Palestinian people. It brings us another step
closer to the day Israel's arms trade is out of Britain for good!

Share the news, donate to build the campaign and sign up to #ShutElbitDown

Share on Twitter
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GnaX5TJKtVl4WRfnn137rwWoqVMSDyFbUKUDHCjeM5gsoV0TyrNWLBrlS7C_d_tcv-wdbAavnfm65x960qyolFf6X_0qD43dErje5g5XlVF2xjhXL0lt69_KGszJjrCC9WKhbkHw9levGZvwvAVPSlV0cUdW-32CPj41bcTBVCFMm4ZjJfWGa-Ro5Jv1pCEw&c=jmm7ihq2Ni7rJrHHG8E7Nht16vAB6a3idrKPrme5mi5MMUx7QK3lFg==&ch=bJIBrSj3vTj2CjK4ZlZI6fMMF5kuYWIBPlkdT7KVaZBHjM7l--w6Rw==>

Press Release
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GnaX5TJKtVl4WRfnn137rwWoqVMSDyFbUKUDHCjeM5gsoV0TyrNWLBrlS7C_d_tcoWcsIwOnBq-9ToXMPLaquSU6lUukTpNghXJXM0OXB96br4viwtS1AsH-vfuf-9zb9b79Ahl4Tk_qMqlUKylnPl0B-xOsgTMK9fykzZS6pmdFUDKrB3MwIw==&c=jmm7ihq2Ni7rJrHHG8E7Nht16vAB6a3idrKPrme5mi5MMUx7QK3lFg==&ch=bJIBrSj3vTj2CjK4ZlZI6fMMF5kuYWIBPlkdT7KVaZBHjM7l--w6Rw==>

Join Palestine Action
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GnaX5TJKtVl4WRfnn137rwWoqVMSDyFbUKUDHCjeM5gsoV0TyrNWLBu9JF0uJs49dmFcyWBZYeVfQL8IlZqy6PLNrVh_SItRJdzDC9MRzdhb1v_WWeeDoxxDU-NH8FEwkhI1BciKxXqwIga51ih6q-eLWif8_DMZ&c=jmm7ihq2Ni7rJrHHG8E7Nht16vAB6a3idrKPrme5mi5MMUx7QK3lFg==&ch=bJIBrSj3vTj2CjK4ZlZI6fMMF5kuYWIBPlkdT7KVaZBHjM7l--w6Rw==>

Donate