[News] Wet'suwet'en women occupy pipeline drill site

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 13 16:59:57 EDT 2020

BREAKING: Wet'suwet'en women occupy pipeline drill site Standoff is
ongoing; callout for solidarity action

*BREAKING: Wet’suwet’en Women Occupy Pipeline Drillsite To Stop CGL from
Drilling Beneath Their Sacred Headwaters!

The standoff is ongoing.

"We call for solidarity actions from coast to coast. Take action where
you stand, or come stand with us on the yintah."*
-Gidimt'en Checkpoint

Callout from Gidemt'en Checkpoint
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=d52ba1c4fb&e=ca231ece03>

BREAKING: Wet’suwet’en Women Occupy Pipeline Drillsite To Stop CGL from
Drilling Beneath Their Sacred Headwaters

Coastal GasLink has called in the RCMP to try and remove Wet’suwet’en
community members and Indigenous youth as they hold a ceremony at a
proposed drill site for Coastal Gaslink’s pipeline. Coastal Gaslink has
been evicted from our territories by the Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs
– who have full jurisdiction over Wet’suwet’en lands. As CGL continues
to trespass, we will do everything in our power to protect our waters
and to uphold our laws.

We will not let CGL break our Wet’suwet’en laws and drill under the
headwaters of the Wedzin Kwa river, which nourishes all of Wet’suwet’en
territory.

The standoff is ongoing.

*We call for solidarity actions from coast to coast. Take action where
you stand, or come stand with us on the yintah.*

Donate, volunteer, or take action: www.yintahaccess.com
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=d68a2ba4cf&e=ca231ece03>

<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=88d7751b8d&e=ca231ece03>

*Video Update: Wet'suwet'en women lead ceremony on pipeline's path
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=df9f0fdbe3&e=ca231ece03>*

As Coastal GasLink attempts to destroy our homelands, we are surveilled,
harassed, and criminalized even when we pray for our yintah.

Our rights are being trampled and our future is at risk. We ask our
supporters to again stand with us and to take action, as Coastal GasLink
is now days away from test drilling at our sacred headwaters .

The time is now to fight with all we have against this colonial invasion.

For ways to help, visit www.yintahaccess.com
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=629c409524&e=ca231ece03>

Supporter toolkit
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=acb116689f&e=ca231ece03>