[News] Venezuela - Caracas Metro, Other Lines Up And Running After Sabotage

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Mar 14 13:16:27 EDT 2019

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Caracas-Metro-Other-Lines-Up-And-Running-After-Sabotage-20190314-0005.html

  Caracas Metro, Other Lines Up And Running After Sabotage

Published 14 March 2019

Venezuela’s transportation lines, including the Caracas Metro, are
scheduled to be up and running Thursday - Prensa Latina is reporting -
following the sabotage of the national electric power grid
<https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuela-100-of-Electricity-is-Back-On-20190313-0025.html>,
which sought to cripple the country.

Minister of Communication and Information, Jorge Rodriguez, confirmed
that that the majority of the lines of the public and private
sectors will be activated.

"We have been monitoring the system to verify the conditions on the
railways. So at this moment, we are at 90% progress to start our
service," president of Metro de Caracas, Cesar Vega had stated
Wednesday, according to the Venezuelan News Agency (AVN).

The Caracas Metro, which services some three million people across the
capital of Venezuela, was among those rendered incapacitated due to a
strategic attack
<https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuela-Attack-to-Electricity-System-to-Be-Investigated-20190312-0018.html>
on the Simon Bolivar hydroelectric power station, on March 7.

According to the head of the National Constituent Assembly Diosdado
Cabello, President Nicolas Maduro have given the go ahead for the
resumption of operations of the metros and railways in Caracas, Los
Teques, Maracaibo and Valencia.

*#ATTENTION Our users are informed that the # MetroDecaracas will
reestablish the commercial service of trains, cable train **and**San
Agustín metro cable starting today at the normal time
#OvercomingElGolpeEléctrico*

Surface transport units from Zona Rental, in Plaza Venezuela, to
Propatria, Petare, Caricuao and La Rinconada initially served as
parallel back up for the Metro routes to Lines 1, 2 and 3.

"We have created a route system with the Metrobus units, totally free,
so that they can transfer our users," explained Vega.

The decision came after tests were carried out on the National Electric
System, which was reported by Vega, who noted successful lighting
tunnels and escalators test.

Rodriguez also announced the resumption of military training by the
Bolivarian National Armed Forces in a second stage.

The communication minister noted that the redistribution of drinking
water has reached 90% overall
<https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/90-Percent-of-Venezuelan-Water-Systems-Restored-Water-Minister-20190313-0022.html>
and 70% in Caracas, before adding that water trucks are on standby to
meet the shortfall until service is completely restored.

863.9977 https://freedomarchives.org/