[News] Venezuelans March Against Attack on Electric Grid System in Anti-imperialist Day

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Sat Mar 9 15:26:52 EST 2019

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuelans-March-Against-Attack-on-Electric-Grid-System-in-Anti-imperialist-Day-20190309-0017.html

  Venezuelans March Against Attack on Electric Grid System in
  Anti-imperialist Day

March 9, 2019

Thousands of Venezuelans took to the streets Saturday to march against
interventionism in the country, as part of the celebrations of the
national Bolivarian Anti-imperialist Day.

The march started at 09:00 a.m. local time from the headquarters of
Venezuela's TV Channel 8 and it mobilized down Av. Libertador de Caracas
to the Presidential Palace of Miraflores, where President Nicolas Maduro
and the countries political leaders received the gathering crowd.

“Today, as the U.S empire, in its desperate attempt to take our natural
resources intensified their brutal aggression against the Homeland, we
firmly stand up to defend our land and scream with force: Yankee Go
Home! We are anti-imperialist!,” tweeted President Maduro.

    Hoy, cuando el imperio de los EE.UU., en su desespero por echarle
    mano a nuestros recursos naturales, intensifica sus brutales
    agresiones contra la Patria, nos plantamos con firmeza para defender
    nuestra tierra y gritar con fuerza: ¡Yankee Go Home! ¡Somos
    Antiimperialistas! pic.twitter.com/eGeU3qHZqB <https://t.co/eGeU3qHZqB>

    — Nicolás Maduro (@NicolasMaduro) March 9, 2019
    <https://twitter.com/NicolasMaduro/status/1104432249246830592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>

The Anti-imperialist Day is held every March 9 to commemorate the same
date in 2015 when former U.S. President Barack Obama announced the first
decree against Venezuela, by considering it a threat to the North
American nation.

As crowds carrying messages of support gathered in plaza beneath Palace
of Miraflores,  high ranking authorities received them, such as
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza, who congratulated the people
for their resistance in the hours after the blackout.

"This is a country that resists and that is why we are going to get out
of all difficulties!" assured Arreaza, while calling for unity and
support for President Maduro.

Another participant was the president of the National Constituent
Assembly (ANC), Diosdado Cabello, who assured that the unity of the
Venezuelan people and the Bolivarian National Armed Forces (FANB) is
"getting stronger every day."

Cabello demanded respect for the sovereignty of the country and also
highlighted the popular courage in the face of the greatest attack in
Venezuela's history to against its electric service. In addition, he
emphasized that in Venezuela there have been no acts of violence and
that the government is working to restore all services throughout the
country.

863.9977 https://freedomarchives.org/