[News] Support Tierra Amarilla Youth Leadership Institute - under attack by the State of New Mexico

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Feb 14 12:48:58 EST 2019

Over the period of thirty years Al Frente de Lucha has taken close to a
thousand youth, to the T*ierra Amarilla Youth Leadership**Institute
*held yearly beginning in 1989, in Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico.  The
program takes place on 200 acres of liberated land with the help of
volunteers and teachers.

Currently we find ourselves in a difficult situation - the State of New
Mexico has initiated an attack to eliminate what  Al Frente de Lucha has
  built over a period of thirty years.  The Attorney General of New
Mexico has filed a case against Al Frente de Lucha claiming that the
land is only for heirs.  We believe in Emiliano Zapata's ideology "that
the land belongs to those who work it."

In 2003, the *Al Frente de Lucha Tierra Amarilla Land Trust*, was
established in order to protect the land.  We believe that this is
ancestral land.  In 2018 the Attorney General of New Mexico, Hector
Balderas initiated a law suit against Al Frente de Lucha.   We are
asking for your help in defending *Al Frente de Lucha Tierra Amarilla
Land Trust* and the *Tierra Amarilla * *Youth Leadership Institute*.  We
continue the struggle of Tierra y Liberated.

We are now in need of financial help to litigate this case.   For the
last thirty years we have developed and built an infrastructure for the
Tierra Amarilla Youth Brigades.  At this time we are incurring legal
cost of $15,000.  In consultation with attorneys in New Mexico, we have
been advised that we have a strong case. We are asking for your help to
cover the litigation expenses.  Your donations are tax exempt.   For
online donations go to www.gofundme.com/saveT.A
<http://www.gofundme.com/saveT.A>. or mail directly to

Al Frente de Lucha

P.O.Box 200021

Evans, Colorado 80620

<http://www.gofundme.com/saveT.A>

Click here to support Help Al Frente Save TA! organized by Al Frente de
Lucha <http://www.gofundme.com/saveT.A>
www.gofundme.com
For years Al Frente de Lucha has recruited and prepared for our annual
Tierra Amarilla Youth Leadership Institute (TA). A seven-day cultural
immersion educational program held in Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico. The
program takes place on 200 acres of liberated land that was won in 1988
through a 16-...

Al Frente de Lucha

P.O. Box 200021

Evans, Colorado 80620