[News] Oakland, Friday May 3 - Defend Highlander, Defend Our Movements

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Apr 30 12:19:47 EDT 2019

    *Defend Highlander, Defend Our Movements*

*Friday, May 3
6pm*
*Reem's
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=351e1eb44c&e=9254465b12>
3301 E. 12th St., Ste. 133, Oakland (across from Fruitvale BART)*

Join Center for Political Education <https://politicaleducation.org/>,
Freedom Archives
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=ba3eed6ffe&e=9254465b12>,
and Reem's for a happy hour fundraiser at Reem's honoring the Highlander
Research and Education Center
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=7f0247aaa6&e=9254465b12>.
On March 29, an arson attack destroyed the main office building at the
Highlander Center and with it, some of the archives stored there. On
*May 3*, we will raise funds to support rebuilding and continued
programming at this beloved and revered movement resource and honor the
crucial role in left movement building that the organization has played
for nearly a century.

Come out for this solidarity happy hour! *DJ Baagi *
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=ceaf804996&e=9254465b12>will
be providing the tunes, happy hour pricing on wine and beer all night,
and Reem's food will be available for purchase. A percentage of all
sales will be donated to Highlander Center.

Check out the facebook event
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=b050a046d4&e=9254465b12>
for more information.

To learn more about the fire and about Highlander Center's pivotal role
in movement building, check out this recent article by Robin D.G. Kelley
and Makani Themba
<https://politicaleducation.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eee9995da05d49840584ec4c8&id=cfcab9ade7&e=9254465b12>.

863.9977 https://freedomarchives.org/