[News] Venezuela's Bolivarian people took the streets Saturday to carry out the sixth consecutive anti-imperialist march

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Apr 8 11:10:48 EDT 2019

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/President-Nicolas-Maduro-Addresses-Anti-Imperialist-March-20190406-0016.html

  President Nicolas Maduro Addresses Anti-Imperialist March

April 6, 2019

Venezuela's Bolivarian people took the streets Saturday to carry out the
sixth consecutive anti-imperialist march
<https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuelan-Chavistas-Stage-Anti-Imperialist-March-in-Cacaras-20190406-0013.html>,
an event aimed at backing President Nicolas Maduro administration and
rejecting the interventionist policies by the United States and its
regional allies.

    /*RELATED:
    Venezuela: No Act of Imperialism Will Deter Cooperation Between Free
    Countries
    <https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuela-No-Act-of-Imperialism-Will-Deter--Cooperation-Between-Free-Countries-20190406-0002.html>*/

Later in the afternoon, Venezuelan President Niolas Maduro addressed the
crowd directly, highlighting the importance to preserve peace in the
country.

"We are going to defend peace in every corner, parish, municipality,
avenue, community and neighborhood. They are not going to take away our
peace. We are fixing the electrical system from the imperialist bestial
attacks," President Maduro said and requested "maximum consciousness,
nerves of steel, calm and wisdom!"

The Venezuelan leader also addressed the crowd on the current
investigation of the attacks on the country's electrical system. Stating
that the most recent attacks were carried out via Chile and Colombia,
with help of the U.S. government and denouncing them as acts of
"cyber-terrorism."

The President asked the crowd  if "the opposition thinks that the people
will accept them taking power through terrorism?" Self-proclaimed
interim-President Juan Guaido has repeadetly shown his will to follow
the guidlines of the U.S. administration and even threatened to ask for
military intervention against his own country.

Saturday's marches comes just days after the National Constituent
Assembly
<https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Venezuelas-Constituent-Assembly-Removes-Guaidos-Immunity-20190402-0028.html>(ANC) voted
to strip Guaido of his parliamentarian immunity at Venezuelan Supreme
Court of Justice (TSJ).

863.9977 https://freedomarchives.org/