[News] Resistance to Forced Sterilization Curriculum - new from the Freedom Archives

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Nov 3 18:18:32 EDT 2016

    Resistance to Forced Sterilization Curriculum
    <http://blog.freedomarchives.org/resistance-to-forced-sterilization-curriculum/>

Posted on November 3, 2016
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/resistance-to-forced-sterilization-curriculum/>

http://blog.freedomarchives.org/resistance-to-forced-sterilization-curriculum/<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/resistance-to-forced-sterilization-curriculum/#respond>

sterilization thumbnail
Hello,

We’re excited to announce the release of a curriculum focused on
historical and contemporary resistance to forced sterilizations. This
project was conceived and started in 2014 by intern Teeanna Munro as an
educational resource to connect forced sterilizations in California’s
prisons to historical uses of the practice in Black, Native American and
Puerto Rican communities. The curriculum contains audio and paper
archival materials from the Freedom Archives and includes activities
that incorporate and develop different skill sets, such as critical
thinking, active reading, active listening and expository or persuasive
essay writing, all with the intention of deepening understanding of this
recent history and its lessons.

We have created this curriculum in order to provide historical context
for forced sterilization, illuminate the voices of those directly
affected by forced sterilization, and generate community discussion and
activism around women’s liberation and reproductive justice. You can
download the free curriculum
<http://freedomarchives.org/Documents/Finder/DOC46_scans/46.SterilizationCurriculum.Nov2016.pdf>
and resource guide
<http://freedomarchives.org/Documents/Finder/DOC46_scans/46.SterilizationResourcesComplete.pdf>
and check out our entire archival collection on forced sterilization
here <http://search.freedomarchives.org/search.php?view_collection=318>.

We would also like to thank Vera Tykulsker and Carli Lowe for their
invaluable contributions to this resource.

peace Nathaniel

ps. We’d love to hear about your experiences using this curriculum.
Please send comments and feedback to info at freedomarchives.org.