[News] May 19th - Illuminating the Voices of Liberation

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu May 19 15:59:56 EDT 2016

    Illuminating the Voices of Liberation
    <http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminating-the-voices-of-liberation/>

Posted on May 19, 2016
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminating-the-voices-of-liberation/>
http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminating-the-voices-of-liberation/<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminating-the-voices-of-liberation/#respond>

Taken from BLU Magazine Issue 13
Yuri Kochiyama from Blue Magazine #13

Today we honor the birthdays of Ho Chi Minh, Malcolm X, Yuri Kochiyama
and Lorraine Hansberry. All were extremely important in their unyielding
fight for self-determination, national liberation and against racism in
all its forms. We’re happy to have all of their voices contained
somewhere in the Freedom Archives along with other archival materials
like Ho Chi Minh’s poetry and former political prisoner and member of
the Angola 3 Robert King Wilkerson interviewing Yuri Kochiyama. Below
are a couple of the many digitized materials we have featuring Malcolm X
and Ho Chi Minh.

An essential component of the Freedom Archives is to preserve and spread
the wisdom and lessons of our movement elders. Connecting issues of
today with historical content is an important task in building strong,
sustainable and inter-generational movements. Your financial support
plays a key role in making all this work happen, creating greater access
for newer generations to use our materials and helping to broaden their
vision for a more just future.

Ho Chi Minh Speaks to the US Anti-War Movement (in
English):http://freedomarchives.org/audio_samples/Viet/Ho%20English.mp3

Malcolm X on African Liberation:
http://freedomarchives.org/audio_samples/Mp3_files/Malcolm%20X.Odinga.AfricanFreedomFighters.mp3

*Supporting the archives is easy.* *You can send us a check or click
**here <https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>**to
give online*.

You can also donate by clicking the donate button on our FB page
<https://www.facebook.com/freedomarchives>.

Thanks so much and visit our search site
<http://search.freedomarchives.org> to check out our entire collection.