[News] George Zimmerman Supports Racism, Sells Confederate Flag Art

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Aug 18 17:24:43 EDT 2015

*George Zimmerman Supports Racism, Sells Confederate Flag Art*

Published 18 August 2015
*http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/George-Zimmerman-Supports-Racism-Sells-Confederate-Flag-Art-20150818-0021.htm*

George Zimmerman, who shot and killed an unarmed Black teenager in 2012,
is selling his paintings of the Confederate flag to support a Florida
gun store owner.

George Zimmerman, the man who walked away free after fatally shooting
unarmed Black teenager Trayvon Martin, is selling his artwork to raise
money for the legal costs of a man who banned Muslims from his shooting
range.

Zimmerman is raffling a painting of the Confederate flag to raise funds
to support gun store owner Andy Hallinan, who was sued last month by the
Counsel for American/Islamic Relations (CAIR) after declaring his store
a "Muslim-free zone."

A video on the Florida Gun Supply website shows both men discussing
their work together.

"He called me shortly after I published my 'Muslim-Free zone' video to
support me and encourage me to not back down," Hallinan stated.

Any money made will be split between both men and be allocated towards
their legal funds.

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder and acquitted July 13,
2013, under Florida's controversial so-called Stand Your Ground law,
which eases rules for self-defense in criminal trials. The Department of
Justice in February refused to bring civil rights charges against him
for hate crimes.

That case sparked protests and a national debate about race relations.