[News] August 23, SF - History of the Chicano Moratorium Event

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 17 10:48:35 EDT 2015

*Remembering the Chicano Moratorium*

part of the *Spirit of Bandung* series sponsored by Third World
Resistance and International League of People's Struggle

On August 29,1970, over 30,000 Chicanos marched in the streets of LA to
call an end to war in Vietnam. They understood that Chicanos were
fighting an imperialist war that did not benefit their people in any way
and they could not take part in it while the same forces telling them to
fight in Vietnam were also attacking their folks here at home. Today
Chicanos still understand the need to stand against imperialist wars in
in Palestine, the Philippines, Ayotzinapa, and Ferguson. During this
powerful panel we will explore Xicana historical and current connections
to Third World anti-imperialist struggles and how we can strengthen ties
of solidarity that lead to collective liberation.

Speakers include: Gabriel Hernandez, Nancy Hernandez, Raquel Jimenez,
and Prishny Murillo

Hosted by Xicano Moratorium Coalition

Sunday, August 23
3-5pm
Eric Quezada Center for Culture and Politics
518 Valencia St., San Francisco