[News] Paslestine - UNRWA School Bombed as Feared

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jul 23 11:14:53 EDT 2014

  UNRWA School Bombed as Feared

author Wednesday July 23, 2014 10:41author by Chris Carlson
*http://www.imemc.org/article/68583*

    An UNRWA
    <http://imemc.org/newswire?search_text=unrwa&button=Search+%3E%3E>
    school that has been sheltering Palestinian refugees in central Gaza
    came under Israeli fire on Tuesday, as previously feared by relief
    workers, while an inspection team was working on repairing damage
    from the previous day.

According to a United Nations
<http://imemc.org/newswire?search_text=united+nations&button=Search+%3E%3E>
official, a team with Israeli clearance was at the school in al-Maghazi
when Israeli tank shelling resumed, hitting the building on Tuesday
afternoon, Ma'an News Agency stated.

"Yesterday we got reports that it was shelled and so today we sent our
guys down to investigate and see which side the fire came from," he said
to AFP under request of anonymity:

"They went down there with Israeli clearance, and while they were there,
they came under Israeli shelling."

Holes have been blown through the walls of the school and the gates have
been blown off, yet no injuries have been reported.

The school has been evacuated and UNRWA has submitted an official letter
about the shelling to Israel.