[News] Freedom Archives Excited to Launch New African Liberation Movements Collection

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jan 17 14:04:47 EST 2014

  Freedom Archives Excited to Launch New African Liberation
  Movements Collection

africa general resources
<http://freedomarchives.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/africa-general-resources.jpg>

The Freedom Archives is excited to announce the availability of our
newest collection, African Liberation Movements. This collection
includes hundreds of original publications, solidarity materials,
pamphlets, periodicals and images that chart the evolution of various
African Liberation Movements throughout the modern era.

This collection is an incredible opportunity to experience African
Liberation through narrative, theory and reportage. Some highlights
include materials focusing on the liberation struggle in Zimbabwe
(Chimurenga), a wealth of anti-Apartheid materials from various
organizations and materials dealing with the role of women, both during
independence struggles as well as during periods of national
reconstruction.  Our collection also contains writings and publications
from the Eritrean Liberation Front (ELPF), the Pan-Africanist Congress
of Azania (PAC), the Congolese National Liberation Front (FLNC), the
Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA) and hundreds more
documents spanning a dozen African countries.

This is an expansive collection that offers a unique view into the
history, philosophy and discourse of African Liberation, Pan-Africanism,
anti-imperialism and Black Consciousness.

Many of these documents have been digitized and the entire catalogue can
be viewed online at:

http://search.freedomarchives.org/search.php?view_collection=209

We hope you benefit from this newest addition to the story of
resistance, justice, struggle and liberation at Freedom Archives.

If you think that you have materials that would complement or strengthen
this collection and would like to donate these items or have any
comments or questions about the work we do, please email us at
info at freedomarchives.org
<http://freedomarchives.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/freedom-archives-excited-to-launch-new-african-liberation-movements-collection/info@freedomarchives.org>