[News] Palestine - This is Our Land and This is Our Blood

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Oct 4 14:15:01 EDT 2010

This is Our Land and This is Our Blood

Posted on
<http://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/this-is-our-land-and-this-is-our-blood/>01/10/2010
by
<http://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/author/avoicefrompalestine/>reham
alhelsi
http://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/this-is-our-land-and-this-is-our-blood/

They came from everywhere; from Yafa, from Haifa,
from Acca, from Nazareth, from Um-Il-Fahim. They
came from everywhere to tell the martyrs: We will
never forget, we will continue the struggle. They
came in thousands to tell the Zionist entity: We
will never forget, we are here to stay. They
marched in thousands to the graves of the
martyrs. They marched in thousands to tell their
children: This is our land and this is our blood.
On this day, October 1st, ten years ago,
Palestinian struggle for freedom was united, yet
again, across occupied Palestine. On this day,
October 1st, ten years ago, Palestinian blood
across occupied Palestine met and mingled, yet
again, with the land that is one undivided. On
this day, October 1st, ten years ago, Palestinian
steadfastness across occupied Palestinian
reminded the Zionist entity, yet again, that
there is one Palestinian people and there is one
Palestine from the River to the Sea. On the 1st
of October 2000, and as Palestinians across
occupied West Bank, occupied Jerusalem and
occupied Gaza stood up as one to the Israeli
killing machine, stood up as one to fight for
their rights and for their freedom, their
brothers and sisters in the rest of occupied
Palestine stood up with them in the face of Zionist terrorism.

In 2000, and after 7 years of futile negotiations
with the Zionist entity, the Palestinians had had
enough: Palestinians were being murdered by the
Zionists on a daily basis, occupied Palestine was
being ethnically cleansed of its people to make
place for Zionist colonists from the US and the
EU, occupied Jerusalem was being Judaized to
delete any trace of the indigenous people who
lived and owned the land, Zionist settlements on
usurped Palestinian land were expanding and
killing the land, Palestinian fields were
destroyed to make “Jewish-only” roads for the
Zionists who had no right to the land. In 2000,
the situation in occupied Palestine – not much
different from what is happening today – was on
the verge of an explosion, Palestinian anger was
boiling and Palestinian patience had reached its
limit. And when Palestinians reach the point when
enough is enough, they revolt. It was the time
for a 2nd Intifada: Al-Aqsa Intifada. It is true
that the visit of the war criminal Sharon to the
Noble Sanctuary and his desecration of this holy
place and the massacre that followed were the
spark that started the Intifada, but it was the
rage, the humiliation, the oppression that led to
that spark and turned it into a fire that will
not be extinguished. With every passing day of
the Intifada, Israel brutally murdered more and
more Palestinians whose only crime was the thirst
for freedom. And as the terror entity intensified
its brutality against an unarmed people in
Palestinian areas occupied in 1967, their
brothers and sisters in the Palestinian areas
occupied in 1948 called for marches and
demonstrations in their towns and villages in
support of their flesh and blood and to protest
the Israeli crimes. And so it was: on that
October day in 2000, very similar to what
happened during the 1st Intifada, Palestinians
across all of occupied Palestine, from the River
to the Sea, in Jerusalem, in Yafa, in Haifa, in
Bethlehem, in Gaza, in Nazareth, in Jenin, in
Acca, in Hebron and elsewhere went out to the
street. They went out to the streets in the
towns, in the villages and in the refugee camps
across Palestine standing as one, marching as
one, chanting as one: with our souls, with our
blood, we will sacrifice ourselves for you, oh
Palestine. And as demonstrations spread across
occupied Palestine like fire, the Zionist entity
sent thousands over thousands of its fully-armed
soldiers and border police to confront an unarmed
people eager for freedom, eager for a life
without occupation. The Zionist entity sent its
killing machine to murder unarmed Palestinians
who went out to the street to tell the world: enough is enough.

During the first 10 days of this “October
Uprising” tens of Palestinians were murdered
across Palestine by the Israeli occupation army,
the occupation border police and Zionist
colonists. They were murdered in front of their
homes, in their streets, in their towns, villages
and refugee camps. They were murdered because
they are Palestinians who refused to be subdued
and treated like animals in their own land,
because they rejected oppression and tyranny,
because they said “No” to the occupation. And as
Palestinians in Jerusalem, Ramallah, Bethlehem,
Hebron and Jenin and elswehere went out to the
streets to confront the Zionist occupier, Um
Il-Fahim, Nazareth, Acca, Haifa, Sakhnin, Kufr
Kanna and elsewhere joined the struggle. During
this “October Uprising”, Um IL-Fahim, Nazareth,
Jit, Sakhnin, Arrabah, Kufr Manda and Kufr Kanna
hugged Il-Bireh, Nablus, Talfit, Rafah, Ramallah,
Gaza, Al-Am’ari, Balatah, Tal, Jenin, Khan
Younis, Al-Bureij, ‘Aqbat Jabir, Deir Al-Balah,
Tulkarim, Halhul, Al-Maghazi, Nuseirat, Faqqu’a,
Jenin, Jabalia, ‘Askar, As-Sawahreh, ‘Aboud,
Hebron, Deir Al-Ghosoun, Beitunia, Bethlehem,
Beit Hanina, Salim, Deir Al-Hatab, Bidia,
Al-Mazra’a Ash-Sharqiyyah. During this “October
Uprising” no less than 70 Palestinians from all
over occupied Palestine were massacred by the
Zionist entity, their blood uniting Palestine,
their blood drawing the map of Palestine as it
was and as it should always be: from the River to
the Sea. During the “October Uprising” 13
Palestinian from Palestinian lands occupied in
1948 hugged 57 Palestinians from Palestinians
lands occupied in 1967, telling the Zionist
entity that Zionist terror will only bring
Palestinians closer. 70 Palestinians martyrs
became one as Palestine was and forever will be.

In 2000, the butcher Sharon desecrated the Noble
Sanctuary, his aim to send a message to the
Palestinians that the Zionists own the land. But
the Palestinian reply came quick: It is the
Palestinians who are the legitimate owners of the
land, and they won’t keep silent while Jerusalem
is being usurped. During the “October Uprising”,
the Palestinians came out to the streets as one
to defend Al-Aqsa, to defend Jerusalem, to defend
Palestine. They came out as one to tell the
Zionist entity: We are one people and we are here
to stay. They came out as one to tell the whole
world: Palestine was and forever will be from the
River to the Sea. And when Jerusalem called in
2000, it was the Palestinians who answered and
who rushed to defend the heart of Palestine. And
let it be a reminder to all those who claim to
represent us and who are selling our rights that
when Jerusalem calls, all of Palestine will
answer. And to those who keep cursing the
Intifada, to those who keep claiming it destroyed
the Palestinian people, I say: the Intifada cost
us dearly. There was much pain, much suffering
and much loss. But life under occupation and
oppression is no life and freedom is dear and a
people that seek freedom must pay the price. And
to those who keep cursing the Intifada, to those
who keep claiming it destroyed “previous
achievements”, I say: the only “achievements” you
were able to present to your people after so many
years of futile “negotiations” with the occupier
were more massacres, more land theft, more ethnic
cleansing. As with the 1st intifada, the 2nd
intifada did not come out of nothing, it came as
a reply to the “achievements” of the
“negotiations”, i.e. the continuation of the
Zionist occupation and oppression. To all those
who complain of the “Intifadas” and want to
continue the charade of “negotiations”, ie
selling out our blood and our rights, I say: When
we revolt, it is because we think of Palestine,
it is because we think of the future generations
of Palestinians who deserve a better life, who
deserve to live in freedom and deserve a just peace.

Today, on the 1st of October, ten year s after
the “October Uprising”, the Zionist entity wants
to complete its ethnic cleansing of Palestine.
Zionist leaders who realize the strength of the
bond between Palestinians across Palestine want
to break that bond. Zionist leaders know that
their terror will never succeed in deleting the
Palestinian identity of those whom they call “the
Arabs of Israel” because these aren’t the “Arabs
of Israel”; they are the Palestinians of
Palestine. Zionist leaders know that no matter
how powerful their army is, no matter how
powerful their media is, they can never delete
the collective memory of the indigenous people of
Palestine. Zionist leaders know that as long as
there is one Palestinian living in Palestine from
the River to the Sea, Palestine will forever be
alive, and so they call for the transfer of what
is left of the indigenous Palestinians to
neighboring countries.  The recent call of the
Zionist leaders to transfer Palestinians of the
areas occupied in 1948 is only one step towards a
complete ethnical cleansing of all Palestine. But
the Zionist leaders and the whole world should
keep in mind that Palestinian blood runs through
our veins, blood of this land. They should keep
in mind that 62 years of Zionist terror couldn’t
delete the memory and the identity of a whole
people. They should keep in mind the words of the
martyrs of the “October Uprising”: this is our land and this is our blood.