[News] Philippines - Emergency Rally Friday - SF

Anti-Imperialist News News at freedomarchives.org
Wed Mar 1 16:07:04 EST 2006

GABRIELA NETWORK - A US-Philippine mass women's organization demands:
         END THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE PHILIPPINES
                 OUST GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
FREE THE SIX PARTY-LIST CONGRESSPEOPLE & ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS

         EMERGENCY RALLY AGAINST STATE OF EMERGENCY

         WHEN:  FRIDAY, MARCH 3  5 - 7 PM
         WHERE:  PHILIPPINE CONSULATE   (Sutter at Powell)

         In addition, people will be at the consulate all day, join us!

   On the 20th anniversary of the People Power movement to oust
Dictator Ferdinand Marcos, puppet President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
(GMA) has declared State of Emergency/Martial Law in the
Philippines.  All rallies are banned.  email and texting disrupted.
Massive rallies are happening anyway and being met with violent
dispersal.  Six  progressive congresspeople including GABRIELA
Women's Party Liza Maza and Anakpawis (labor) representative Crispin
Beltran have been arrested.  Grassroots organizations are under
threat; warrants have been issued for their leaders.  Media
organizations have been "cautioned," and at least one - The Daily
Tribune - has been closed.

   Have you heard about this in the news?  No - because there's been a
complete international media blackout!  So we must make our voices
heard and protect the people in the Philippines

Join us as we demand freedom for those arrested, an end to the state
of emergency and the ouster of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo!
more information contact: SFbayarea at gabnet.org