[News] Sharon - Stew's Poem

Anti-Imperialist News News at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jan 9 17:20:40 EST 2006

Stew Alpert's poem.
his website: http://hometown.aol.com/stewa.

Doin' As I Please

Sharon could break all the rules
and live a happy life.
In a collective farming country
he owned his own land,
could also be involved in cruelty and lies,
corruption and war crimes,
be denounced by his own courts and commissions
and still be cheered as a rough tough
courageous man of peace
who could start his private political party
and create his private country.

But he couldn't get away eating
everything on the menu.
He was very fat
he got much fatter
and a deadly bomb exploded in his brain

It wasn't placed there by an Arab.

Stew Alpert

Health Update -- I did get to that liver surgeon after all, He didn't
have any good news. It a 95% possibility that my cancer has spread.
So surgery is ruled out unless the almost impossible turns out to be
true. We were advised not to hope for that. So basically I have
incurable, inoperable liver cancer that will kill me. But when? The
surgeon didn't know and talked of cases of people living on for
years. Nobody really knows why but some folks are strong holdout's
against buying the farm. And I am an urban type. If anyone knows of
experimental work being done with Level 4 liver cancer please let us
know. Note, this isn't about cancer in general or even liver cancer -
but Level 4 liver cancer. Life goes on, I have my strong loves,
involvements and values. I intend on living my life.