[News] Mark Felt at the FBI

News at freedomarchives.org News at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jun 1 08:46:20 EDT 2005

paragraph from NY Times article on "Deep Throat"-

But much of the most serious and informed speculation has long centered on
the F.B.I., and on Mr. Felt, who was convicted in 1980 on unrelated charges
of authorizing government agents to break into homes secretly, without
warrants, in a search for anti-Vietnam War bombing suspects from the
radical Weather Underground in 1972 and 1973. Five months later, President
Ronald Reagan pardoned him on the grounds that he had "acted on high
principle to bring an end to the terrorism that was threatening our nation."