The Vinyl Project is a tool for DJs, musicians, MCs, activists and most of all the people. The soundbites on this record include chilling voices on repression and glowing assertions of resistance. The Vinyl Project hopes these sounds will pollinate your beats, noise, melodies, and community. It contains 79 spoken word pieces (ranging from a few seconds to a minute or so) and soundbites to be used by djs, musicians, and everyone else to mix into their music.
Includes the voices of Howard Zinn, Angela Davis, Assata Shakur, David Gilbert, Arundhati Roy, Noam Chomsky, Emma Goldman, Christian Parenti, Earth Liberation Front, Judi Bari, Geronimo Pratt, Alexander Cockburn, Ward Churchill, Weather Underground, Cherrie Moraga, Malcolm X, Raul Garcia, Ramsey Muniz, Martin Luther King, and many many more.
12″ Record & CD available
- Core Crew: Erika Zarco, dj slo-mo malatesta of entartete kunst, Claude Marks, Andria Lessler
- Mastering Engineer: Shawn Hatfield (Twerk)
- Artwork: Granger A. Davis
- With: Anita Johnson, Sharon Luk, Monica Ly, and Alan Rees
- This project was made possible in part by funding from the People’s Life Fund & the Agape Foundation.