[Ppnews] Peltier Transferred to USP Lewisburg

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Aug 17 14:37:10 EDT 2005

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

      *LEONARD HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO USP LEWISBURG

      *

August 15, 2005

*Aho My Relations,

*On August 15, 2005 I was transferred to USP Lewisburg in Pennsylvania.
Life has been extra difficult for me since I was transferred from
Leavenworth. This system is designed to make one feel very powerless, and
what they are doing with me now is definitely aimed to erode my body and
spirit even more. My loved ones, and all of you, my friends and allies who
continue to support me, keep me sane and hopeful.

They say that it is in times of crisis that one can really see who your
real allies are. Those of you who have contacted the Terre Haute Prison and
the Bureau of Prisons on my behalf, keep me in your prayers, and are
supporting my Defense Committee, have made an enormous difference in my
situation. I humbly thank each and every one of you, and firmly believe
that your actions most certainly saved my life and prevented me from living
in an institution that is well known for its extremely high crime and
violence. Also, health problems continue to plague me and the conditions I
was subjected to exacerbated them. I know deep within my heart, that if
there had not been such an outpouring of support, concern and overall
outcry regarding my arbitrary detention, I would have probably stayed in
solitary confinement for an indefinite length of time, or worse I would not
have survived in the general prisoner population. Although I have been
forced to endure many hardships, I will never surrender, even if all that
is left of me is my spirit. Your love and support inspire me to overcome
everything.

I hope that here at Lewisburg I will be able to resume living in the
general population, practicing the traditional ways and continuing with my
artwork. My defense team is preparing to go through some major milestones.
They need your support more than ever to re-establish our office and
prepare for upcoming reviews and legal battles. Since Russ Redner, Paula
Ostrovsky, and Toni Zeidan do not want to accept any salaries or
remuneration of any kind, all of your donations will go directly to the
office transfer and upcoming campaign.

I again want to Express my sincere appreciation and tell you once more that
without you I am not sure I could have survived this last month. Every day
I think about and pray for a time when I will be among you, shoulder to
shoulder, fighting for justice for my people and our Mother Earth.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse

*Leonard Peltier

** * *

*NOTE FROM THE LPDC:

*Please contact USP Lewisburg to make sure Leonard regains all his hard
earned prisoner rights, especially his religious rights, visitations,
regular phone calls and ability to paint. Be polite and courteous, but let
them know that a lot of us all over the world are concerned about Leonard's
wellbeing.

*Warden

USP LEWISBURG
U.S. PENITENTIARY
2400 ROBERT F. MILLER DRIVE
LEWISBURG, PA 17837
Phone: 570- 523-1251
Fax: 570- 522-7745
E-mail address: LEW/EXECASSISTANT at BOP.GOV <mailto:LEW/EXECASSISTANT at BOP.GOV>

*Also please continue writing to Leonard but be mindful of his situation
and respectful of his personal affairs.

*Leonard Peltier # 89637-132
USP LEWISBURG
U.S. PENITENTIARY