[Pnews] October 2 & 9 - Virtual Film Screenings - NLG and Freedom Archives - On Cointelpro, George Jackson & Attica

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Sep 29 10:36:39 EDT 2021

Progressive Law Day 2021 Recap & Upcoming NLG Events

*
*

*National Lawyers Guild San Francisco Bay Area Chapter*
558 Capp St | San Francisco, CA 94110 | www.nlgsf.org
p: 415 285-5067 | e: contact at nlgsf.org

*Upcoming NLG and Partner Alerts *

*_VIRTUAL FILM SCREENINGS: This Saturday 10/2 & 10/9_*

*WHEN: Saturday October 2nd & October 9th
**WHERE: Zoom (virtual only)*

In partnership with Freedom Archives, the NLG-SFBA will host a series of
virtual film screenings and discussions on *Saturday, October 2nd*
and*Saturday, October 9th*. Topics will include COINTELPRO, the life of
George Jackson, the Attica uprising, and “We Know Our Rights,” a
multimedia toolkit produced by the chapter for people dealing with law
enforcement. *All panels, guided discussions, and films will be virtual.*

You can register for the virtual screenings below. Suggested donations
for sliding scale tickets are *$15-25*, and*no one will be turned away
for lack of funds.* All funds will support the work of the National
Lawyers Guild's Santa Rita Jail Hotline and Freedom Archives.

  *

          *October 2nd*: virtual screening of/COINTELPRO 101/ & /George
          Jackson Commemoration/: *bit.ly/FilmScreening-10-2
          <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7951&qid=1255976>*

  *

          *October 9th*: virtual screening of /Attica (1974)/ & /We Know
          Our Rights/: *bit.ly/FilmScreening-10-9
          <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7952&qid=1255976>*