[Pnews] Urgent! Call the governor! Jalil Muntaqim demands the immediate transfer of Kevin Rashid Johnson out of Lucasville before he is murdered

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Sep 5 10:52:29 EDT 2021

sfbayview.com
<https://sfbayview.com/2021/09/urgent-call-the-governor-jalil-muntaqim-demands-the-immediate-transfer-of-kevin-rashid-johnson-out-of-lucasville-before-he-is-murdered/>
Urgent!
Call the governor! Jalil Muntaqim demands the immediate transfer of Kevin
Rashid Johnson out of Lucasville before he is murdered
3-4 minutesSeptember 4, 2021
------------------------------
<https://sfbayview.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Free-Rashid-self-portrait-in-red-star.jpg>Kevin
“Rashid” Johnson’s life is under immediate threat at Lucasville Prison in
Ohio. He must be freed or at least transferred out NOW. Call the governor
at 614-466-3555 and LEAVE A MESSAGE

Dear Progressives:

I call upon all those who identify themselves as progressive to recognize
the U.S. prison system is an institution generally operated by white
supremacists. This has been my experience in both California and New York
State prison systems. In fact, on Dec. 4 and 5, 2016, the New York Times
published a two-day expose informing the public that the NYS prison system
is run by white racists. However, among the many prison systems that
function as a bastion of white supremacy, Lucasville, Ohio, is one of the
worst in the country.

It is under these conditions that Kevin Rashid Johnson, a staunch advocate
for the abolition of prisons, is presently being threatened with the loss
of his life. Being held in 23-hour lockdown, Rashid is now in the worst
condition of his life, locked away in a system of rabid racists who hate
him for being a New Afrikan, a brilliant artist and a revolutionary –
anti-capitalist and anti-imperialist. Since being transferred to
Lucasville, Rashid has been threatened, his personal property damaged
and/or not given to him, and he must constantly be vigilant to avoid being
assaulted or murdered either by prison guards or their flunkies who
mindlessly function as tools of white supremacy.
Jalil Muntaqim in the 2000 documentary “Jalil Muntaqim: Voice of
Liberation” by Freedom Archives on Vimeo

I am petitioning the entire progressive community to unite, to band
together and say to the world: *We will not permit Lucasville to murder
Kevin Rashid Johnson.*

I am asking every single one of you to call Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and
demand Rashid be immediately transferred out of the notorious Lucasville
prison. I ask that all of you contact the major Ohio newspapers and news
outlets and urge them to find out why Kevin Rashid Johnson’s life is being
threatened.

We, collectively, need to shine a spotlight on Kevin Rashid Johnson, and
let all know Rashid belongs to the people, that progressive people around
the world support him and refuse to sit idle and let Rashid be murdered in
Lucasville, Ohio!

Remember: We Are Our Own Liberators!

*To contact Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine: *Call the governor’s office at
*614-466-3555*. You will be prompted to go to his website to write out your
message, at
https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/contact/contact-us. Do
that, but ALSO LEAVE A PHONE MESSAGE: *Tell the governor to transfer Kevin
Johnson, A787991, out of Lucasville Prison immediately before he is
murdered! *

*Jalil A. Muntaqim, legendary analyst, theorist and stategist, author of
“We Are Our Own Liberators,” veteran of the Black Panther Party and the
Black Liberation Army, co-founder of the Jericho Movement, born in Oakland,
raised in San Francisco, survived 49 years in prison, from 1971 to Oct. 7,
2020. Learn about his current campaign at**SpiritofMandela.org*
<https://spiritofmandela.org/>* and join in preparations for the
International Tribunal on Oct. 22-25, when “We Charge Genocide” again.*