[Pnews] January 2021 Leonard Peltier Newsletter

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jan 22 13:59:40 EST 2021

Newsletter – January 2021 Leonard Peltier Newsletter

Hello, Friends, and supporters! Greetings Family, Friends and
Supporters; 1/22/2021 The ILPDC Board and Directors share everyone's
disappointment th

Like
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1267658.2824.1.4e397a68dcb66fc5341b775d20ce6e76&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxNjE3MTg0MzEtNzc5MDYwMTYyOS1lZmM5M2JlNjI4OWUwZmE0Y2VkNTE5Y2QwMmU1YTMwNjIzNGI5MGM3Iiwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIxMjY3NjU4In0=>
Tweet
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1267658.2825.1.7dbf88497471bdb5847fd2fa99f609c3&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxNjE3MTg0MzEtNzc5MDYwMTYyOS1lZmM5M2JlNjI4OWUwZmE0Y2VkNTE5Y2QwMmU1YTMwNjIzNGI5MGM3Iiwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIxMjY3NjU4In0=>

letters for leonard header <#>

  Hello, Friends, and supporters!

bead2

Greetings Family, Friends and Supporters;

1/22/2021 The ILPDC Board and Directors share everyone's disappointment
that Leonard did not receive Executive Clemency or Commutation of his
sentence in the final days of the Trump Administration. We know everyone
and especially Attorney Kevin Sharpe worked diligently and extremely
hard to secure Leonard's freedom and the disappointment is shared by us all.

However, the fact remains Leonard Peltier remains unjustly in Federal
Prison and the work to have him released must continue. In addition to
now pushing the Biden administration for the possibility of clemency-we
are working hard towards a diversity of options to gain Leonards Freedom
and will be calling on you, our supporters to dust off and renew the
struggle to gain Leonard's freedom. We will in coming days be pursuing a
push for a transfer from the United States Prison at Coleman to the
Federal Correctional Facility at Oxford, WI which is a lower. security
level and is closer to Leonard's family. We will also be pushing for an
interim Parole hearing as well as for release under the Covid Release to
Home Confinement option that the Federal Bureau of Prison's currently
has and pending Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland has already stated
her support for.

As the attorney's develop the priorities and strategies we will let you
know and we will need your help. Stay strong and be ready to push for
those things for Leonard through your prayers, calls and letters to
appropriate government officials etc.

bead2

Leonard shares everyone's disappointment relating to the lack of a
pardon/clemency/commutation but he remains determined to carry on the
struggle as should we all.

His words to us all are below:

LEONARD PELTIER on 1/20/2021 9:50:07 AM wrote

Good Morning everyone._

/I'm not sure if this is such a good morning but i don't know how to
open this letter to everyone./

/Yes i heard the loser did not sign my clemency, i had this strong
feeling yesterday that I wasn't going to get it, i don't know why i had
it,? I guess it was the spirits telling me so i sat down trying to write
you all a letter but my tears of self pity must have overwhelmed me as i
could not see to finish it so i had to stop for a while, thought about
my family friends and people's how it must be for them too . so i pulled
myself together. and thought to myself well I'm not going to give up./

/It's been a hard 45 yrs, and it will get a lot harder I'm sure as I
aged and in the moments when hopelessness over takes me, but at my age
all i can do is ask so many of you to stay with me and let's try again.
b/cuz we have the only weapon we can use and that's the constitution and
the laws of this so called free democracy EQUAL JUSTICE FOR ALL, and
must get everyone to know what the laws was that they violated not just
the lawyers, But what a joke that is,!! IT HAS never has been this way
for my people. and more then likely will never be. BUT I welcome all who
will stay with me and fight on until i take my last breath./

/Thank you. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, _
/Doksha,/
/Leonard Peltier._

bead2

The ILPDC Board, attorney’s, paralegals, and Directors thank you for
your continued support for Leonard and the National Office during this
difficult time of Covid.

Your support is deeply appreciated. Please visit our web site at
*www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1267658.2826.1.6793dc066b4c646e961af425efa0c311>*
and consider purchasing some of the available merchandise or to make a
donation to help us with legal expenses. Now more than ever it's
imperative we continue the fight and have the resources to do so. Please
write Leonard, your letters of support always lift his spirits.

For more information please contact the committee at
contact at whoisleonardpeltier.info (Paulette) 218-790-7667, (Carol)
715-208-4453, or (Sheridan) 813-428-0781

Thank you from
Paulette D'auteuil Co-Director
Carol Gokee Co-Director
Sheridan Murphy, Board President

Leonard Peltier 89637-132
USP COLEMAN I
P.O. BOX 1033
COLEMAN, FL 33521

facebook
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1267658.2827.1.5179fa609de2bd65b1d38556f2cf7fea>
twitter
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1267658.2828.1.61c660640dca13e9333b72e7bf40e166>

©2021 ILPDC | 116 W Osborne Avenue Tampa, FL 33603