[Pnews] COINTELPRO 101 and George Jackson Commemoration Screening: Saturday 8/28

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 23 14:31:08 EDT 2021

[image: image.png]
*COINTELPRO 101 and George Jackson Commemoration Screening: Saturday 8/28*

*WHERE: 440 25th St, Oakland*
*WHEN: Saturday August 28th & September 11th*

*7:00 PM Doors Open | 7:30 PM Panel & Film Screening*

In partnership with Freedom Archives
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7393&qid=1221154>,
the NLG-SFBA will host a series of outdoor film screenings and discussions
on* Saturday, August 28* and *Saturday, September 11*. These events
commemorate the 50th anniversary of George Jackson’s assassination in San
Quentin State Prison, the 50th anniversary of the Attica Uprising, and the
20th anniversary of 9/11 and ongoing resistance against state targeting in
the wake of 9/11.

The first of the two-part series takes place on *Saturday, August 28th*.
Tickets are $15-25 sliding scale. You can register and buy tickets
here: *bit.ly/FilmScreening-8-28
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7394&qid=1221154>*

*We are seeking volunteers* to assist with set-up, clean-up, concessions
sales, and more! Please email membership at nlgsf.org
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7395&qid=1221154>
for volunteer sign-up and more information.

*Tickets for both in-person and virtual attendance are available.* The
panels, guided discussions, and films will be livestreamed. *While we are
optimistic about hosting this event outdoors and in-person, we are prepared
to fully transition this event as virtual-only in case of circumstances
beyond our control. All in-person tickets are eligible to be converted to
virtual tickets if this is the case.*

   -  *August 28th* - *Screening of COINTELPRO 101 and George Jackson
   Commemoration.*
      -

*Register: bit.ly/FilmScreening-8-28
      <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7392&qid=1221154> *
   - *September 11th* - *Screening of Attica (1974) and We Know Our Rights.*

      - *Register: bit.ly/FilmScreening-9-11
      <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7396&qid=1221154>*