[Pnews] Political Prisoner Rev. Joy Powell Needs Our Support

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Aug 11 10:23:47 EDT 2021

  New York City Jericho Movement

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/jerichony.org/rev-joy-powell-needs-our-assistance-take-action?e=e9f3d86b9a>

Political Prisoner Rev. Joy Powell is being charged with a Tier III
violation for wearing an N95 mask provided to her by medical personnel
while at a medical facility for a medical procedure. Rev. Joy stated the
situation blew up and escalated into a shakedown of her cell; of course
no contraband was found and Rev. Joy was temporarily relieved, thinking
the situation had been resolved.  However, the Tier III hearing is
currently taking place.

Joy Powell believes the years of ongoing harassment, retaliation, and
volatile actions she has experienced are because she continues to
advocate for change within those walls the same as she did on the
streets; as a voice for the voiceless she has been targeted, and her
keepers’ goal has been to place her in solitary confinement to muzzle,
silence, and contain her, so the screws can be turned to break her,
which is a constant aim whenever and wherever it involves our Political
Prisoners in this country.

Rev. Joy is requesting that all justice-loving individuals and
organizations advocating the fair treatment of incarcerated individuals,
especially our elderly, lend her your resources, solidarity, and support
and help her raise awareness about this current issue by getting the
word out through your social media platforms, through any contacts you
may have in media, news, radio, tv, etc, and of equal importance by
repeated phone calls, emails to the names and numbers below demanding
that any unwarranted, unreasonable, rash and harsh decisions currently
being contemplated with regards to Rev. Joy Powell #07G0632 be
reevaluated with some measure of fairness with regards to the truth. If
anyone should be held accountable, then it is whomever actually
possesses said authority and allowed Rev. Powell to wear and have that
mask upon her return to Bedford Hills Correctional Facility.

Bedford Hills Correctional Facility
247 Harris Rd.
Bedford Hills, NY 10507
Phone: *(914) 241-3100*
Ask to speak with the Superintendent

Director Anthony J. Annucci, NYS DOCCS
Building Two
1220 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 1222-2050
Phone: *(518) 457-8126*

Website Contact Form:
https://publicapps.doccs.ny.gov/DOCCSWebContactForm.aspx
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=e8e91055e6&e=e9f3d86b9a>

Twitter: https://twitter.com/nysdoccs
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=9be5df23eb&e=e9f3d86b9a>

Twitter
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=277d457a36&e=e9f3d86b9a>

Facebook
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=c5dec606a6&e=e9f3d86b9a>

Website
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=35cbd065f8&e=e9f3d86b9a>

*Our mailing address is:*
*New York City Jericho Movement
P.O. Box 670927
Bronx, NY 10467*
*Donate to Help Free Our Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War!
Send Money by PayPal to National Jericho:
Go to https://thejerichomovement.com/donate
<https://jerichony.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0aca83ec057f583557dec5ce0&id=f169ded298&e=e9f3d86b9a>
Click on the donate button*
*Free All Political Prisoners!*