[Pnews] Under COVID-19 Lockdown in Coleman Prison (Leonard Peltier)

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Mar 19 12:21:40 EDT 2020

https://orinocotribune.com/under-covid-19-lockdown-in-coleman-prison-leonard-peltier/?fbclid=IwAR1Kgo76jrChmUzOj8Dmk3vKTalnfnRmwSljP2L9Os0cetUjPPsZA-8csgs
Under COVID-19 Lockdown in Coleman Prison (Leonard Peltier)
March 18, 2020
------------------------------

[image: Under COVID-19 Lockdown in Coleman Prison (Leonard Peltier)]

By Leonard Peltier- March 18, 2020

We were notified this afternoon, that we are going on a lockdown, the whole
institution, and the lockdown will be for at least 30 days. We were told we
would be given 500 minutes for the phone, which is 200 minutes more than
usual, so it doesn’t sound like we will be in our cells. I don’t know if we
will be able to write letters or receive mail. I will not be visiting
anyone if I survive that is for at least 30 days and the virus doesn’t get
into Coleman I.

As far as I know no one has the virus in USP Coleman complex.

I keep getting conflicting info but we were allowed to go outside for the
evening, and we are now on the inside flats. Maybe it is just visiting that
have been cancelled and there is no contact with outside peoples we or most
of us anyway agree this needs to be done, because no one it seems knows if
they have contacted the virus or not.

So as long as I can, I will send you updates as long as I can, I want to
tell all of you to be safe out there as this virus is not racist and anyone
can get it. If all possible please look out for the people in the Native
Nations, if you know our history in these sorts of pandemics, Native people
are the last to get help and I have babies (grandchildren) out there.

Source URL: CounterPunch
<https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03/18/under-covid-19-lockdown-in-coleman-prison>

<https://orinocotribune.com/author/orinocotribune/>