[Pnews] August 21, 2020 marks 49 years since George Jackson's assasination

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Aug 20 17:42:48 EDT 2020

[image: image.png]

*August 21, 2020 marks 49 years since George Jackson's assasination*

One of the many things the Freedom Archives did in 2014 is we transferred
George Jackson/San Quentin to digital video from a 16mm film “work print”
made in 1971–1972. This extraordinary video contains never-before-seen
footage from San Quentin of George Jackson. It also includes footage of
Angela Davis, then in the Marin County Jail, and the powerful comments of
Georgia Jackson (George and Jonathan Jackson’s mother).

*Watch Film Here <http://freedomarchives.org/George%20Jackson.html>*

This film is a powerful visual complement to our other one-of-a-kind audio
materials on George Jackson and the San Quentin Six. The preservation of
such amazing, previously unknown historic materials is essential to
deepening our understanding of struggle and resistance, and affirms our
mission.

*Your ongoing support is absolutely essential to our ability to continue
our work*. Your help makes possible all the educational work we do: the
internship program, the audio and video documentaries and books, the online
resources and digital search site, and our outreach efforts from our
Mission district community out to the nation and the world. Most
importantly, your help ensures that this resource will be able to serve
generations to come.

*Donate Here <https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>*