[Pnews] Support Transfer for Leonard Peltier

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jan 7 10:11:40 EST 2019

Urgent Action - Transfer Support for Leonard

Dear Friends and supporters, At our legal visit yesterday, Leonard told
us that his case manager had submitted his request for a transfer on
Wed, 1-2

letters for leonard header
<https://sable.godaddy.com/c/25590?id=1114355.2618.1.6b63f388921f1e45724035b8b9678639>

Dear Friends and supporters,

At our legal visit yesterday, Leonard told us that his case manager had
submitted his request for a transfer on Wed, 1-2-19. He was cautiously
excited and felt his transfer could happen within a few months BUT he
didn't rule out the fact that his transfer might have to be fought in
the courts.

We put together this information for you to send letters of support for
Leonard’s transfer. There are suggested letters, as well as points of
information should you care to write your own letter.

Thank you for your support and if you get a return reply we would
appreciate it if you would share it with us.

Sincerely,
ILPDC Board and National Office

Email, fax, call or write sample letters:

Email: GRA-DSC/PolicyCorrespondence at bop.gov
Phone: 972-352-4400
Fax: 972-352-4395

GRAND PRAIRIE OFFICE COMPLEX
346 MARINE FORCES DRIVE
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX, 75051

Sample Letter:

RE: LEONARD PELTIER REGISTER NUMBER 89637-132

To whom it may concern:

Leonard Peltier #89637-132 has requested a transfer from the facility at
Coleman, Florida to the facility at Oxford, WI. I am writing to support
Peltier’s transfer.

The reasons for transferring Peltier to Oxford include:

▪ Oxford is approximately 1,300 miles closer to Peltier’s home and family.
▪ Oxford is closer to the Native communities related to Peltier.
▪ Peltier has multiple medical issues some extreme and potentially life
threatening.
▪ Oxford is in proximity to the Mayo Clinic and Federal Medical Clinic
in Rochester.
▪ 	Oxford is approximately 1,300 miles closer to Peltier’s home and family.

▪ 	Oxford is closer to the Native communities related to Peltier.

▪ 	Peltier has multiple medical issues some extreme and potentially life
threatening.

▪ 	Oxford is in proximity to the Mayo Clinic and Federal Medical Clinic
in Rochester.

Transfer from Coleman to Oxford is therefore consistent with the spirit
and intent of BOP policy and will serve to allow more family visitation
and improve medical services to Peltier. Therefore, the transfer should
be permitted.

Sincerely,

or

▪ Dear Madam/Sir;
▪ 	Dear Madam/Sir;

I am writing to express my support for the transfer of Mr. Leonard
Peltier 89637-132 to FCI Oxford WIS. Mr. Peltier is approaching his 75th
birthday and had done over 44 years in Federal Custody. It is time that
he be assigned a Federal facility closer to his family and an expert
medical facility, like the Mayo Clinic.

The Oxford Facility is within a day’s drive for Mr. Peltier’s family in
MN & ND and only 2 ½ hours from the Mayo clinic, which will provide the
best health care necessary for the elder Mr. Leonard Peltier.

Thank you for considering Mr. Peltier’s request for a transfer to FCI in
Oxford.

Sincerely,

©2019 ILPDC | 116 W Osborne Avenue Tampa, FL 33603