[Pnews] Palestinian Prisoners: Israel Installed Jamming Devices to Burn Us and Kill Us

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Feb 28 10:57:13 EST 2019

http://www.palestinechronicle.com/palestinian-prisoners-israel-installed-jamming-devices-to-burn-us-and-kill-us/

  Palestinian Prisoners: Israel Installed Jamming Devices to Burn Us and
  Kill Us

February 28, 2019 <http://www.palestinechronicle.com/2019/02/>

Palestinian prisoners have Israel’s prison administration has installed
jamming devices at a ward in the Ktz’iot Prison causing Palestinian
prisoners to suffer from severe headaches.

Seven jamming devices have been placed in Division 3 of the prison and a
further eight were installed in Division 4 on top of the prisoners’
cells. The devices produce powerful radiation and stop radio and
television signals from penetrating into the area.

    #Palestinian
    <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Palestinian?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>
    prisoners to take escalatory steps on Thursday to protest against
    #Israeli
    <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Israeli?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>
    recent procedures.
    The Israeli authorities have installed jamming devices, which caused
    many prisoners to have severe headache, and TV.s and radios to stop
    working. pic.twitter.com/CNQJUHPqZA <https://t.co/CNQJUHPqZA>

    — Quds News Network (@QudsNen) February 27, 2019
    <https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1100834460143153153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>

Palestinian prisoners also had their possessions burnt in front of them
by occupation forces who govern the prison after their cells were raided.

As a result, prisoners refused to complete their daily tasks including
cleaning the units.

The Palestinian Prisoners’ Movement warned that the occupation is trying
to “burn us and kill us through the devices, and we will stand up
against them at any cost”.

    #Palestinian
    <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Palestinian?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>
    prisoners to take escalatory steps on Thursday to protest against
    #Israeli
    <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Israeli?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>
    recent procedures.
    The Israeli authorities have installed jamming devices, which caused
    many prisoners to have severe headache, and TV.s and radios to stop
    working. pic.twitter.com/CaUaIMKTc2 <https://t.co/CaUaIMKTc2>

    — #FreePalestine

The prisoners said:

    “The occupying state’s threats to attack us do not frighten us, and
    their iron hand will be met by a determination as strong as the
    mountains and as hard as steel. Their attacks on our endeavor will
    make our will stronger, and the enemy will see from our
    steadfastness that its threat does not frighten us or deter us from
    rejecting its tyranny.”

They added:

    “If it is necessary to die, we will choose to die in the way
    cherished by freemen. The occupation exerts all forms of criminality
    and abuse against us, including depriving thousands of prisoners of
    family visitation right for years, in a clear violation of all
    international laws and human norms.”

Located in the Naqab (Negev) desert, Ktz’iot is the largest detention
center in the world.