[Pnews] Nehanda Abiodun - veteran of the New Afrikan independence struggle transitions in Cuba

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Feb 1 16:32:05 EST 2019

  http://www.afrocubaweb.com/rap/nehanda.htm?fbclid=IwAR31Nd12rg1DHDUDu8OfFYLrS3ScN4bmZgLgIj6tPCMK_mObwGvy321eZAM

  Nehanda Abiodun
  1950-2019

*Odaymar Pasa Kruda <http://www.afrocubaweb.com/krudas-cubensi.html>*
1/30/2019 at 10:59 AM

Nehanda was a veteran of the New Afrikan independence struggle and a
citizen of the Republic of New Afrika. Nehanda's work as an activist
began at age ten as a tenant organizer. Later she worked with the
National Black Human Rights Coalition, and then helping to heal addicts
at the Black Acupuncture Association of North America with Dr. Mutulu
Shakur. In 1982 Nehanda was indicted, along with Dr. Shakur and Sekou
Odinga, for a Brinks truck expropriation. She went underground and later
surfaced in Cuba. Nehanda was a member of the Malcolm X Grassroots
Movement <http://members.aol.com/mxgm/index.htm>and worked with Pablo
Herrera <http://www.afrocubaweb.com/rap/pabloherrera.htm> on Black
August <http://www.afrocubaweb.com/rap/blackaugust00.html> and on their
participation in the Cuban Rap Festival
<http://www.afrocubaweb.com/rap/rapfestival6.htm>

Nehanda Abiodun: Rap on the Run, A Political and Cultural Biography
<http://panafricannews.blogspot.com/2010/02/nehanda-abiodun-rap-on-run-political.html>  2/26/2010 Pan
African News Wire: ""The Cuban hip-hop community had earned my respect.
To put on the festival like that, they had worked miracles with the very
few material resources available. So I said I would make a commitment to
the young people; that it would be nice if those of us in touch with
hip-hop communities in the US would give material support to the Cuban
rappers. Young people from the Havana hip-hop community started coming
to me and asking about Malcolm X and various issues regarding
progressive struggles in the US and other parts of the world. So we just
talk all the time. It is very rewarding to me."

Me desperté wierd y ya se porque ..ahora duele y duele...ibae ibae

Rest in power. Nehanda Abiodum, black panther mentora madrina del
movimiento de hiphop cubano, guerrera ...te extranaremosss

I woke up wierd and now I know why ... now it hurts and hurts ... ibae
ibae. Rest in power. Nehanda Abiodum, black panther mentor godmother of
the Cuban hiphop movement, warrior ... we will miss you