[Pnews] Urgent: Russell Maroon Shoatz' Health

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Aug 23 10:23:17 EDT 2019

Urgent: Maroon’s Health Update on Maroon’s Health and Request for Support

    Update from the Shoatz family:

    As we mentioned last month, Maroon recently underwent surgery and
    had an extended stay in the prison infirmary.

    We share with you now *Maroon’s latest message on his health*:

    “As a Political Prisoner and fighter for over 50 years, I've now
    reached a point where those close to me can no longer shoulder the
    things they're called on to do without broader community support.

    Recently I was operated on, where it was discovered that I'm
    suffering Stage 4 colorectal cancer.

    This is a CALL for donations
    <https://wordpress.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a92e146ece8f88fdea6743338&id=8205b4d8fa&e=4469dbc426>
    to help us cover costs of treatment.

    If the lying politicians can amass thousands of small donations, it
    speaks ill of our struggle against injustice if we will not support
    our own in similar ways!

    Spread THIS call and help us!”

    Straight Ahead!
    Political Prisoner
    Russell Maroon Shoats/z

    While the news of Maroon’s ill health is of course disheartening to
    us all, we’re committed to doing everything in our power to ensure
    he receives comprehensive treatment for this latest diagnosis. Your
    support is critical to our efforts.

    We’re reaching out to our extended community of support with a
    request for immediate donations towards Maroon’s medical costs. We
    hope to gain a holistic understanding of the treatments he’s
    received and make informed decisions about his medical care moving
    forward.

    Donate here.
    <https://wordpress.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a92e146ece8f88fdea6743338&id=59e20a0322&e=4469dbc426>
    Please give generously in this moment of heightened urgency.

    We invite you to write Maroon directly and send him words of
    encouragement. Maroon's Earthday is August 23!

    Smart Communications
    PADOC/SCI Fayette -- Transferred this Week
    Russell Shoats AF3855
    PO Box 33028
    St. Petersburg FL. 33733

    As always, we thank you for your commitment, and we’ll keep everyone
    updated on next steps soon.

    In love, strength, and solidarity,
    The Shoatz Family and Friends

    <https://wordpress.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a92e146ece8f88fdea6743338&id=c74bb7d49d&e=4469dbc426>

The picture at the top of Teresa, Maroon and Sharon was taken this past
Monday. The photo below was taken in mid July. Maroon has his youngest
sister on the right and his oldest sister on the left. Also pictured are
Teresa, etta, Sharon and Russ III.