[Pnews] Sunday December 9th - Critical Resistance - 20 Years of Strategy and Struggle for Abolition

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Nov 26 17:39:55 EST 2018

<http://criticalresistance.org/>
Sunday December 9, 2018
/Critical Resistance:
20 Years of Strategy and Struggle for Abolition/
Purchase your tickets here. Donate a community ticket.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/20-years-of-strategy-and-struggle-to-dismantle-the-prison-industrial-complex-tickets-51661816885>
Whether you’re purchasing your tickets to attend or sponsoring a ticket
for a community member, make sure to save your space to celebrate CR's
history with us and build for our collective abolitionist future.

<http://criticalresistance.org/dec9/>

On December 9th, 2018, we are excited to host the incomparable author,
educator and activist Angela Y. Davis
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uib2F4Ri4_I&feature=youtu.be> in
conversation with Black liberationist organizer Kamau Walton
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgy1jV9D6w&t=2s&list=PLYn1EYMdFkqnY2I4I8FzaJoGqEGLdHi6v&index=29> (Critical
Resistance), anti-imperialist organizer and former political prisoner
Linda Evans <http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/26/152.html> (All of
Us or None), and firebrand Southern freedom fighter Mary Hooks
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtLCJc1E6Ls&list=PLYn1EYMdFkqnY2I4I8FzaJoGqEGLdHi6v&index=36> (SONG,
Southerners on New Ground) as they reflect on gains of the past 20
years, this current moment, and where we can go. The event will be held
at the First Congregational Church in Oakland, CA. Movement reception
and more details here! <http://criticalresistance.org/dec9/>

*2018 CR 20th Anniversary Host Committee:
Carlton Edwards, Charlene Khoo, danni west, Ellen Barry, Jay Donahue,
Jess Heaney, Marc Lamont Hill, Mariame Kaba, Mohamed Shehk, Rehana
Lerandeau, Zakir Parpia, Zoe Willmott*

*OUR HISTORY + OUR IMPACT*
Through advancing a critical understanding of prison industrial complex
and abolition, CR has consistently inspired individuals, organizations
and communities to take creative and practical steps to build a
liberated future. Alongside other abolitionists, we have achieved many
victories -- from successfully stopping the construction of new jails in
New York to Los Angeles, to ending the use of racist gang injunctions in
Oakland and stopping California's 20-year prison building boom. Our
campaigns, vision and strategies have been shared and used as
blue-prints across the US and internationally.

We invite you to join us in celebrating the gains we have made together,
feeding our minds and our spirits, and preparing for the pitched battle
of the next 20 years. Every donation, ticket or sponsorship will amplify
the vision of liberated communities and the fierce, joyful will of our
people to fight to win.

/Poster design by Kate DeCiccio @k8Deciccio
<https://www.instagram.com/k8deciccio/> and Jules Retzlaff
@Cerealforthekids <https://www.instagram.com/cerealforthekids/>. Thank
you!/

*ONATE + SPONSOR*

To make this inspiring event accessible to as many people in the greater
Bay Area community and to support CR locally and nationally, we are
asking you to make a donation here or sign up to sponsor the event here.
<https://criticalresistance.networkforgood.com/events/8791-critical-resistance-20-years-of-strategy-and-struggle-for-abolition> All
proceeds will benefit Critical Resistance to ensure that our work is
funded now and into a future free from cages, the violence of policing,
the dangers of borders and social control.