[Pnews] MOVE 9 - 40 Year Commemoration

Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jun 11 16:18:43 EDT 2018

https://www.facebook.com/THEMOVEORGANIZATION/

August 8th 2018 will mark Forty Years Since The Move 9 have been
unjustly imprisoned for a crime the entire world knows they did not
commit . From the day They were arrested on August 8th 1978 , During
Their Trial, The Day After they were each sentenced to 30-100 years ,
During the Ten years of the parole process , and The 40 years of being
unjustly imprisoned MOVE has always maintained their innocence and their
innocence has always shown during this whole Forty Year Period .The
reason that they have remained in prison all these years is the same
reason why they went to prison in the first place because they are
committed MOVE members .

On March 13th 1998 Merle Africa died in Pennsylvania Prisons under
mysterious circumstances after being unjustly jailed for Twenty Years .
On January 10th 2015 Phil Africa died under Mysterious circumstances in
Pennsylvania Prisons After spending 30 plus years unjustly jailed .
Rather than grant parole or release MOVE this system and it's officials
will rather see MOVE die in prison . While Pennsylvania makes strides in
repairing the issue of mass incarceration one of the biggest taints in
Pennsylvania's history of mass incarceration and injustice has not been
repaired and that is the issue of The Move 9 as it relates to their
release from imprisonment .

The Parole Board has pushed the issue of remorse being shown but the
question that we want to ask is has The Parole Board shown any remorse
to the children and grandchildren of The Move 9? The Fact that Several
of The Move 9 have Grandchildren Some even Great Grandchildren that they
have only been with on a prison visit is heart wrenching . Where is the
remorse from The Parole Board over the fact that children were torn from
their parents arms Forty Years ago and forced to have a relationship
with their parents only through Phone Calls, Letters , and Occasional
visits which May have lasted only three hours .

On August 5th 2018 we are asking people to join us for an Afternoon Of
Resistance For The Move 9 . First At 10:00am join us for Running Down
The Walls a 5k run organized for The Move 9 by our Brothers And Sisters
 From The Philadelphia Anarchist Black Cross that will take place at
Fairmount Park . To register for The run people can go to
https://phillyabc.wordpress.com/rdtw/ . Then at 3:00pm join us at The
Mastery Shoemaker High School located 5301 Media Street for An Afternoon
Panel On MOVE that will feature Ramona Africa, Pam Africa ,Professor
Walter Palmer , Karen Falcon and others .

Then Later that evening at the same venue we will be holding our Framed
In America Concert as acts are still being confirmed so far we have The
Raw Life Crew , Dell P , Seraiah Nicole and Eli Capella , Jasiri X and a
surprise Headliner . We look forward to seeing everyone on August 5th .
Also at this time we are still encouraging people to sign our petition
aimed at The United States Justice Department at
https://www.causes.com/campaigns/92454-free-the-move-9.

ONA MOVE

ORIE

For More Info